Loft Railing
I'm going to be installing a loft railing soon.  About 20' with a landing and several corners to negotiate.  I want to do something as shown in the pictures, but I haven't a clue how these things are put together and attached to the floor.  I can't see a nail or screw hole anywhere, the guys that put this in were quite good.  And it is sturdy beyond belief.  How do I replicate the structure of this??  

[Image: 38964743454_fa98c24db3_z.jpg]
This one has an upper rail of wood, metal balusters, 4x4 newel posts with caps, a 1x6 plate on the bottom, and 1x4 plates on the walls.  Mine won't be painted, the wood will be stained.  Won't be as fancy either, but the construction will be the same - I hope.

[Image: 24804968157_24480fdfb7_z.jpg]
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Look under the rails. There may be the outline of a filled hole.

Other than that I don't have a clue but I've looked at a rail in my house trying to figure it out.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
here's how it could have been done...

top and bottom railed drilled for the balusters.
wall plate is attached to the bottom rail through the back.
post is attached to bottom rail through the bottom of the post.
bottom rail is screwed to the floor through some of the holes for the balusters. balusters are put in, top rail is added, top rail is screwed to post and wall plate through the bottom of it and holes are filled. A good fill and when it's painted you'll never see the screw holes.
Do you have any of the stair-building books? I have the Coffman guide.

https://www.amazon.com/Coffman-Building-...B002SP187Y

A good book but kind of expensive at Amazon. Mine's stamped $14.95 on the cover. Maybe you can find a used one or it may be cheaper on the Coffman website. I think it can be downloaded here.

https://nnuyjnad.files.wordpress.com/201...de-pdf.pdf
This is what I always used on my staircase installations. The KeyLock brand

Google newel post locks. https://www.google.com/search?q=newel+po...8&oe=utf-8

On the handrail to wall application, I used hangar bolts. The hole *under* the railing was plugged when I got done.

Yes, get a book as recommended above
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Hey thanks everyone for the great ideas.  I knew I could count on you guys.  St_wood, I had seen that Keylock thingy, but wasn't sure how sturdy it might be.  Does it work good?

Thanks again to all!
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
(01-14-2018, 04:29 PM)BaileyNo5 Wrote:   St_wood, I had seen that Keylock thingy, but wasn't sure how sturdy it might be.  Does it work good?

Yes. Best one I've ever found.
BTW, don't use the one that has the 4 plates you screw onto the sides.
No
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Anyone ever use the Spring-Bolt System ?
Never heard of them
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-14-2018, 05:30 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Never heard of them

Same here.    I can see it would work ok but my concern is would I have epoxy all over while trying to assemble them knowing me .   Did they say what they are made out of ?   Without epoxying them will they rust away or stain the surrounding area ?    Overall a good idea.   Roly