Floor tile grout color gone wrong
(01-14-2018, 09:38 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: There are many folks reading this thread and thinking -

Really?  Just wait.  It is grout it will get darker (dirty) before long and then you will be asking how to get it clean (bright).

You should start noticing an increased "darkening" around the toilet first and probably within two weeks of use.

I'm a bit late to the party but I was going to offer to send my kids over to walk around on the floor for awhile.  They can dirty up anything.
(01-16-2018, 03:29 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I was really skeptical at first but there’s lots of good reviews on this and other similar products.  I spoke with a friend who has sold tile for over 20 years and her husband is an installer.  She said most are excellent products yielding good results.  Being my grout was new and unsoiled gave me confidence that adhesion would be as good as it gets.  I am very pleased.  I would post photos but I still haven’t switched over from photobucket to something else.

I'm tempted to try that in out kitchen if the test spots of acid wash don't work (haven't done it yet). The mist grey grout is nowhere near as dark as it should have been. I still haven't gotten around to finishing the grout under the toe kicks either... I ran the tile up the toe kick which is horribly difficult to grout. 

Also I use the grout additive instead of water. I much prefer urethane grout as its way more durable and it always comes out the proper color as does epoxy but epoxy grout is a pain to work with and quite expensive and best for shower floors.