Rockler T-Track Table Top 1-1/8'' Thick
Who has purchased this? I'm thinking by the time you buy the needed clamps, etc. you're in for around $500
Crazy
Jim
I use the HD Kreg Track in a big table. I like the right angle face frame assembly idea with their offset spacers. Their track bolts down underneath with two rows of 1/4-20 bolts. No screws though t track holes. Ive held down about every outlet containing wall panel so i can plunge through on edge slats. I leave in an Automax bench clamp or two and just squeeze the handle. On the single or double layer plywood clamp landing spots it works perfect and no adjustment needed. It was pricey but for an out feed mobile bench that was built in an afternoon i really enjoy using it. If you are spending your money make it the way you want. Almost all my parts for it I have collected via amazon warehouse deals over the years so thank you for any returns to them you might have helped me with
Smile .

[Image: IMG_20161212_195446_zpsk9uquhe5.jpg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I'm not sure most woodworkers need all of those tracks and a bunch of Kreg clamps. Here's a cheaper design.

http://kregjig.ning.com/photo/kreg-assem...ext=latest
I don’t use t-track anymore. I use Microjig’s Dovetail Clamps. The head is forged into a 1/2” 14 degree dovetail profile. So anywhere you can plow a dovetail groove, you can add a clamp that can position anywhere along the slot, just like a t-track Clamp.

Full disclosure, I do a lot of work for MicroJig and beta tested these clamps for about a year before they went on the market. But I do really like them.

I did an early review of the clamps for my YouTube Channel.

Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Some MDF (one 3/4" and one 1/2"), a sheet of plastic laminate from the BORG and a can of 3M 90 spray.....Probably run you $120. A $30 router bit from Rockler that cuts the T-slot (no track needed) and you can make two T-track tables for the same money. Laminate both sides of the table.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
(01-15-2018, 09:09 PM)Richard D. Wrote: Some MDF (one 3/4" and one 1/2"), a sheet of plastic laminate from the BORG and a can of 3M 90 spray.....Probably run you $120. A $30 router bit from Rockler that cuts the T-slot (no track needed) and you can make two T-track tables for the same money. Laminate both sides of the table.

That bare t-slot cut in MDF would have to be *deep* before I would trust it to last very long.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-15-2018, 07:46 PM)handi Wrote: I don’t use t-track anymore. I use Microjig’s Dovetail Clamps. The head is forged into a 1/2” 14 degree dovetail profile. So anywhere you can plow a dovetail groove, you can add a clamp that can position anywhere along the slot, just like a t-track Clamp.

Full disclosure, I do a lot of work for MicroJig and beta tested these clamps for about a year before they went on the market. But I do really like them.

I did an early review of the clamps for my YouTube Channel.

The video has nothing to do with clamps.  Check your link.

Why would I use a dovetail clamp over a t-slot clamp.  I don't have either, but I have considered buying t-slot clamps.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(01-16-2018, 06:33 PM)Cecil Wrote: The video has nothing to do with clamps.  Check your link.

Why would I use a dovetail clamp over a t-slot clamp.  I don't have either, but I have considered buying t-slot clamps.

I second the motion. I don't see dovetail clamps replacing T-track but could be handy in a lot of ways.   I am also interested in all you can do with a dovetail clamp.  Do you have videos or links to share on what the dovetail clamp can do?
A carpenter's house is never done.
(01-16-2018, 06:33 PM)Cecil Wrote: The video has nothing to do with clamps.  Check your link.

Link fixed, thanks.

T-track costs about $7.00 per lineal foot. I can plow many, many feet of Dovetail slot with a $16.00 bit.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(01-18-2018, 10:55 AM)handi Wrote: Link fixed, thanks.

T-track costs about $7.00 per lineal foot. I can plow many, many feet of Dovetail slot with a $16.00 bit.

Well I am sold, I actually had already picked up this setup with the Dado attachment.  

I see what you are saying in terms of plowing the dovetail in places to replicate the T-track.  The only problem I see with that is you need to have these clamps in order for that to work and at $20 per clamp you would need $80 to clamp your board and then attach a fixture to that board.  You could buy 10 feet of track and a lot of 1/4" bolts for many jigs for that same investment.

I had already seen your video it was the impetus for me buying the system.  I am still trying to figure out ways to put it to use.  A couple thoughts is mounting a tall fence to my table saw, and a t-tracked fence to add a vertical featherboard.
A carpenter's house is never done.