The Move is On!
The movers showed up this morning to start packing and loading for my move to Orlando.  They are loading the van as they pack, which is nice.  The house clears out faster that way.  You should have seen their eyes when they saw my PM2000 table saw!  (Yes, I have tailed tools.)  Tonight, I'll be removing the rails and cast iron wings to make it easier to transport.  They are saying my shop is maybe half the total weight of things to move.  I have a modicum of lumber in addition to the tools.  I'm driving cross country with a small U-Haul trailer with things I don't trust the movers with, and some extra clothes the ladies can't take on the plane.  They are flying out ahead of me with our two pets.

One thing I realized is I'm moving 2500 miles and I'll still be no closer to a Lee Valley store. 
No
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It's about time! Is Orlando farther to Ontario than San Diego(?) to Vancouver? 

Have fun!
(01-15-2018, 06:47 PM)AHill Wrote: One thing I realized is I'm moving 2500 miles and I'll still be no closer to a Lee Valley store. 
No

True, but the shipping is much quicker.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-15-2018, 08:56 PM)hbmcc Wrote: It's about time! Is Orlando farther to Ontario than San Diego(?) to Vancouver? 

Have fun!

It's actually about 150 miles farther from where I live (I'm about 180 miles north of San Diego).  Had I been in San Diego, it would have been closer in Orlando.  As Admiral said, the shipping will be quicker!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-15-2018, 06:47 PM)AHill Wrote: The movers showed up this morning to start packing and loading for my move to Orlando.  They are loading the van as they pack, which is nice.  The house clears out faster that way.  You should have seen their eyes when they saw my PM2000 table saw!  (Yes, I have tailed tools.)  Tonight, I'll be removing the rails and cast iron wings to make it easier to transport.  They are saying my shop is maybe half the total weight of things to move.  I have a modicum of lumber in addition to the tools.  I'm driving cross country with a small U-Haul trailer with things I don't trust the movers with, and some extra clothes the ladies can't take on the plane.  They are flying out ahead of me with our two pets.

One thing I realized is I'm moving 2500 miles and I'll still be no closer to a Lee Valley store. 
No

But Orlando does have a nice Woodcraft store..The owner was in our local WC Saturday..He owns two WC stores in Florida, one in Alabama.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-15-2018, 06:47 PM)AHill Wrote: One thing I realized is I'm moving 2500 miles and I'll still be no closer to a Lee Valley store. 
No

One morning a few weeks ago, it was -36C (-33F) at my house, and I would have gladly given up my proximity to Lee Valley for a warm spot.  Sorry, Robin L.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
(01-15-2018, 06:47 PM)AHill Wrote: The movers showed up this morning to start packing and loading for my move to Orlando.  They are loading the van as they pack, which is nice.  The house clears out faster that way.  You should have seen their eyes when they saw my PM2000 table saw!  (Yes, I have tailed tools.)  Tonight, I'll be removing the rails and cast iron wings to make it easier to transport.  They are saying my shop is maybe half the total weight of things to move.  I have a modicum of lumber in addition to the tools.  I'm driving cross country with a small U-Haul trailer with things I don't trust the movers with, and some extra clothes the ladies can't take on the plane.  They are flying out ahead of me with our two pets.

No

Please stop in and see me on your way.  Also you can lighten up your load of wood here to.
Yes
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-22-2018, 04:19 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Please stop in and see me on your way.  Also you can lighten up your load of wood here to.
Yes
Laugh
Laugh

Would loved to have stopped to visit, Arlin, but my route takes me pretty far south of your neck of the woods.  I'm on a pretty tight schedule, since it took longer for the movers to pack and load our stuff than I'd anticipated.  I start work at my new location on Monday, the 29th of January.  They already have meetings scheduled for me to attend!  I'll barely say hello to my wife and daughter, who flew out on Saturday.  I'm driving and towing a 4x8 foot U-Haul trailer with stuff I didn't trust the movers with, as well as the woodworking finishes and solvents, etc.  The movers did pack up all my lumber.  So far, so good.  I started my trip on Saturday (20 Jan) and I'm averaging 22-23 mpg towing the trailer with my AWD Honda Pilot.  Texas is like one huge construction zone.  They are growing like crazy.  That's what no state income tax, a friendly business climate, and somewhat sane politics does for you.  Hence, part of my motivation for relocating to Florida.  Just eliminating state income tax and state disability insurance alone, I'll be making an additional $700/month.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Well.....

I was in Orlando on Thursday, and it was -2C....colder than Ottawa!

Big Grin

Cheers,

Rob
( no blue tarps on roofs either! )
Good luck starting in your new job, new town, and your new life.  I grew up all over the state of Florida and loved it, from the keys, to the everglades, to the panhandle. Mom moved us to VA when I was 13. I really didn't have a choice in that matter. I seriously considered moving back to Florida when I retired, but I have gotten used to "Small Town" life and the changes of seasons here, and we have our little piece of heaven on the farm here.  Just can't leave. 
Laugh
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.