Another kitchen cabinet question
Do you put a back on the sink cabinet or just leave it off? I'm lousy when comes to lining up the cut outs for the drain & electrical receptacle.
Jim
Most all cases I installed backs. Cleaner look, helps keep the rodents out.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-16-2018, 12:26 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: Do you put a back on the sink cabinet or just leave it off? I'm lousy when comes to lining up the cut outs for the drain & electrical receptacle.

I would at least put a back on that had a square or rectangular cut out for the plumbing to give the cabinet racking strength.   Roly
It's easier if all the pipes stick out the same distance but the never really do. Dab a little lipstick on the tip of the pipes and butt the cabinet back to the plumbing. Pull it out and cut the hole with a hole saw here the lipstick made a mark on the cabinet back. Then slide the cabinet back in until it hits the next longest pipe and cut that hole and so on. They'll be dead on. I usually slide a flange over the pipe before connecting the pipes to clean it up.

Generally I cap the pipes so I don't have to shut water off for an extended period of time. I leave the pipes a bit long so I have something to work with inside the cabinet after I cut the caps off..
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I have one bathroom sink cabinet that does not have a back and it bugs me every time I look inside. I would recommend going ahead and putting it on because, like mine, it will bother you forever.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
I put in drawers in my last vanity so I left the back open, as no one will see it.

The drawers make it much more usable.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Bathroom vanity.

Drawers in mine as well. However with it being a double I went ahead & put 1/2" ply on for racking. Might get a Corian/marble type top at some point.

I also made 7" deep drawers on the top with 12" slides to eliminate those false drawer fronts that I don't like at all. They are only 7" deep but they hold the things we use the most on an every day basis.

I would build a kitchen sink cabinet the same way only with out the small top drawers that wouldn't work. The main thing is you need a good cleat for solid attachment to the wall. If nothing else I would make a 3/4" plywood frame 4" wide for racking & solid installation.
We cut a large square hole in the back of our sink cabinet. It is basically big enough for all the pipes to fit through and that is all.
Smile 
Same as stav^.   I've never had a complaint.

If every time you crawl under it bothers you  it won't be very often unless you're a bad plumber...... [Image: smile.png]
(01-18-2018, 08:47 AM)GlenS Wrote: Bathroom vanity.

Drawers in mine as well. However with it being a double I went ahead & put 1/2" ply on for racking. Might get a Corian/marble type top at some point.

I also made 7" deep drawers on the top with 12" slides to eliminate those false drawer fronts that I don't like at all. They are only 7" deep but they hold the things we use the most on an every day basis.

I would build a kitchen sink cabinet the same way only with out the small top drawers that wouldn't work. The main thing is you need a good cleat for solid attachment to the wall. If nothing else I would make a 3/4" plywood frame 4" wide for racking & solid installation.
I made a U-shaped drawer that has about 7" in the center but full depth along the sides.  The sides are large enough to hold rolls of toilet paper and other small supplies.  

Doors and pullouts would not be practical for me because of the tight space.  But either way it is way better storage-wise to use drawers.

If you google "Kitchens, all drawers" you will find that there are many  kitchens where the lowers are all drawers.

See:  https://www.google.com/search?q=kitchens...66&bih=662

My next kitchen will be all drawers.  Something like this (I'm assuming that the panel over the refrigerator is extended to allow for cooling of the compressor:

[Image: the-kitchen-knobs-for-your-kitchen-cabin...-ideas.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.