is this an edge sander?
It was just sold, but had been available for a while.  I had an opportunity to check it out, and purchase it, but I procrastinated.  

It looks like a floor model edge sander, and these typically cost $700 to $800 for non-oscillating ones.

It's listed as a Grizzly Table belt sander - 36x6" - $250

Attached Files Image(s)

First welcome.

That looks bigger then 36" and even bigger then my 48".

It does look like an edge sander and it also looks like you missed out on a good deal.

Here is one from grizzly that looks the same.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Edge-San...rizzly.com

Or this one most likely

http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-x-80-F...rizzly.com
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't see a fence??? Not an edge sander without a fence!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Yes, it is an edge sander. Sanding head/unit is shown folded down. I don't see the table....should be with it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It was originally an edge sander and I guess can still be considered an edge sander.  Either the same sander (or an identical one) was up for sale in Arizona a few months ago.  The seller did not have the rest of the edge sander parts (he was the 2nd owner).
(01-16-2018, 02:49 PM)norm_ahram Wrote: It was just sold, but had been available for a while.  I had an opportunity to check it out, and purchase it, but I procrastinated.  

It looks like a floor model edge sander, and these typically cost $700 to $800 for non-oscillating ones.

It's listed as a Grizzly Table belt sander - 36x6" - $250

Looks like mine.  The belt is 80 inches.  If you measure the thing from end to end it is probably 36" (not in the shop now).  While they don't come up too often the 250 isn't that great a price.  I got mine for $150 and the guy threw in 8 belts.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
Without bothering to look at the Grizzly site, I think that's a big belt sander.  I had the edge sander and the table was what tilted, not the sanding portion.
I believe it is the G1140 6x80 edge sander (the second link Arlin posted to above), which can be converted to be used as a belt sander.

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-18-2018, 05:59 AM)KC Wrote: Without bothering to look at the Grizzly site, I think that's a big belt sander.  I had the edge sander and the table was what tilted, not the sanding portion.

My 6x89 Jet is an *edge* sander, and folds down just like that Grizzly is shown, to be used as a table sander.
Wink
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-18-2018, 10:56 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: My 6x89 Jet is an *edge* sander, and folds down just like that Grizzly is shown, to be used as a table sander.
Wink

All righty then.  
Yes