Shop Storage Upgrade
When I first joined the forum several years ago, I was in a small shop.  I asked for advice on how to make my small shop more usable and the one thing I got over and over was the advice to make a dedicated storage cabinet and toss all the bags and hard cases for all the tools, that I never used.  I gave all those to my contractor, who NEEDED them.  His were worn out. 
Winkgrin

I made drawers to hold certain items, but I made a lot of cabinets with shelving designed for each tool storage and have been very happy with the layout.  I took my time and changed the design several times.  I MAY go back and change two of the storage cabinets and also modify one section but overall it's worked out well.  I have a dedicated drawer for my hand planes with a sliding top tray, similar to what you have.  When I built the bigger shop, the cabinet moved into it.  Still very useful. 
Smirk

Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Great job on those drawers!

Drawers to me are a necessary evil if you want to keep dust off of tools and things and have a neater shop- I have minimal drawers.  I like tools and materials quick and handy and ready when I need them- drawers make me search for them. I've taken to shelves and hanging much of what I have and some would define it as clutter, but I know quickly where it all is. In fact, I don't think my old shop would look good bare walled. Making a drawered section wouldn't help either- I've got too much stuff.

[Image: Dac7XfC.jpg]
 This is only half of it.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh