Daily Bench Shot
Your customer will have a table to be proud of John. Great work.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(02-18-2019, 09:02 AM)Redman Wrote: Your customer will have a table to be proud of John. Great work.

Redman, thank you for your kind words sir!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
pre stain on the less hidden areas-

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-18-2019, 08:14 AM)mongo Wrote: Peter beautiful  work!

I used to work a lot with exotics.   If you haven't tried yet I suspect you'll find that it scrapes for extremely well. Also you might want to try actually buffing the stuff on a buffing wheel after sanding ,with white compound, when you are done.   It will look like Stone. Try it on a piece of scrap first to see if you like the look.

The stone look will fade a bit in time as the oils continue to leak out of the lignum.

I'll give that a try on scrap

I was planning on doing a shellac finish, maybe a french polish.
Peter

My "day job"
Next time ya'll cruise into HF, pick you up some of those 9.00 (small) dolly's. They sure help out in the shop, especially when you work by yourself most of the time.
Plus, if you don't really need the dolly, it has 4 really decent swivel castors on it. Hard to buy 4 castors for 9 bucks.

Setting up the adjustable pullout shelves.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-19-2019, 05:18 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Next time ya'll cruise into HF, pick you up some of those 9.00 (small) dolly's. They sure help out in the shop, especially when you work by yourself most of the time.
Plus, if you don't really need the dolly, it has 4 really decent swivel castors on it. Hard to buy 4 castors for 9 bucks.

I've got a bunch of those small and medium dolly's in my shop.  I love them.  Great advice.
Peter

My "day job"
(02-18-2019, 08:51 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: [Image: 57210080515-41071416-72-FF-4-B64-9-CBD-A...-F3786.jpg]

Oooooo, I really like that finish!

(02-19-2019, 05:18 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Next time ya'll cruise into HF, pick you up some of those 9.00 (small) dolly's. They sure help out in the shop, especially when you work by yourself most of the time.

Small dollies huh. I'll need to look for those.

Worthless helper laying down on the job there between the hammer and pencil? And you gotta quit leaving them gloves out in plain sight. You'll never find them on that pick up bed. VOE, BTDT 
Winkgrin
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Nothing but dovetails today:

(02-19-2019, 08:34 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Nothing but dovetails today:

Nice!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site