Daily Bench Shot
Spent Saturday afternoon helping a friend's son with his Eagle Project - a rack for his high school ROTC drill rifles.  It is based on the CMP rack plans - double sided and designed to hold 30 Springfield M1903s.

Here are the pieces that we cut out over the last few weeks:

[Image: R81G9DA.jpg]

and the assembled rack (without polyurethane finish or casters):

[Image: e67iyZ8.jpg]
(02-12-2020, 08:39 PM)Sullivan Wrote: Spent Saturday afternoon helping a friend's son with his Eagle Project - a rack for his high school ROTC drill rifles.  It is based on the CMP rack plans - double sided and designed to hold 30 Springfield M1903s.

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-12-2020, 08:39 PM)Sullivan Wrote: Spent Saturday afternoon helping a friend's son with his Eagle Project - a rack for his high school ROTC drill rifles.  It is based on the CMP rack plans - double sided and designed to hold 30 Springfield M1903s.

Here are the pieces that we cut out over the last few weeks:

[Image: R81G9DA.jpg]

and the assembled rack (without polyurethane finish or casters):

[Image: e67iyZ8.jpg]

what color are you going to paint it?

Laugh

Nice looking cabinet Should stain up nice
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Trying out legs. Not there yet.

[Image: i-HgMfchP-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Another coffee table project in the works from chainsaw milled QS red oak.

Rifle project taking up some space too.

Attached Files Image(s)

---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Did a bit more with my Shaper Origin on Sunday. I've got a few table saw blades that need sharpening. Among them a Forest WW2. So they need some protection as they get shipped.

Decided to draw up a quick protector to be milled out of 1/4" MDF. Pocketed out a depth of 0.130" so that things sit just below the surface and all I need to do is add a nice piece of corrugated cardboard and slip everything into a box.

Took a little planning because this is a lot of material to pocket out with the 1/4" bit I had on hand. A better choice would have been to make a starter pocket with the 1/4" and then switch to a 1/2" with 1/4" shank and make some real progress.

Anyway, worked very well. Added some holes so I could glue in pegs or other to align a stack if needed. 

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Just a groovy kind of evening tonight.

Getting closer to finishing the *ahem* Christmas gift that was due...last year.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

About a year ago I helped the KU High Energy Physics (KU-HEP) get their little mitts on a 4-port Vector Network Analyzer. Suffice it to say that a brand new one with good specs runs about $150,000. So refurbished units hold their value. The one I secured for them was brand new in 1995 but even today goes for $40,000... Well, these little beauties have several little accessory parts and those tend to wander about the lab and get lost. So they are getting a nice little wooden box to sit next to the VNA and keep everything corralled.

And it was an excuse to play with the box-joint making ability of the Shaper Origin. Pretty cool feature. You give it the width of the workpieces and how many fingers. And you can specify something called "glue gap". Make the glue gap 0.000" and it is an interference fit. 0.005" and you can bash the parts together. 0.006" and they clamp together. 0.007" and it worked just perfect. One quick test joint in the material and I could make a dozen boxes that all go together interchangeably. 

1/2" poplar from the BORG, a bit of 1/8" hardboard for the bottm, a little hide glue and a dab of left-over poly and we are done.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin

It's a flat surface that holds my favorite tool.
Bath Rehab in the Final stretches.
Mirror just needs to be assembled... finished.
Dang plaster walls give me fits.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.