Daily Bench Shot
[Image: 49831490651_07097e708f_c_d.jpg]

A bit of a mess right now...but when isn't it?
Big Grin
Inherited an old West System epoxy dispenser that's badly in need of an overhaul. Haven't gotten up the courage to put on my gloves and get elbow deep in old disgusting crusty resin/hardener. Been playing with a cute little laser engraver and having fun so far.
[Image: 49830954233_aced94961d_c_d.jpg]

Badly in need of a real workbench so hopefully I'll be able to build a basic one soon. I like Rob Cosman's design with mdf top and Baltic Birch legs. My dw735 planer lives under the bench on a scissor lift cart but it's out being used on some floating shelves from FWW#277 (sitting on the laptop). I've got some of the components machined from reclaimed poplar and sitting on my tablesaw (the other workbench
Wink)
[Image: 49830954443_b802445119_c_d.jpg]
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Working up shelving material from used lumber.

Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Hey Steve I see you have the digital fence readout on the TS. Those things are awesome aren't they!?...as long as you can keep feeding it the batteries
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
(04-29-2020, 11:53 PM)alanealane Wrote: Hey Steve I see you have the digital fence readout on the TS. Those things are awesome aren't they!?...as long as you can keep feeding it the batteries
Big Grin

Yes. Best thing I've ever put on a machine. I love it.

2-3 batteries a year? maybe.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Follow up to show the Connect4 game with its final paint job. Been leaving out near the sidewalk in front of the house and had a few people stop and play games.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Weekend project was finishing up two cedar planters to go in front of house. Wasn't really a fan of most of what I could buy so made a couple. 

I still have to make a couple of riser boxes to partly fill inside so they won't need so much dirt. Probably make the boxes so they only take up about 1/2 the width so there can be a deep side and a shallow side of the planter.

One box I brushed on the stain, the other I tried spraying it. Spraying the stain worked much better, should have done that for both. But in a month or two, they will even out and won't be able to tell the difference.

Phone camera shot came out a bit blurry, but you get the idea.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Great looking work!
Smile
Alex
Planters look great Rob
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Bee hive parts today. Too warm for much garden work.

Making inner lids as the wife ran out of those.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Love the saw fence. I have the same one and enjoy it.
John