Daily Bench Shot
That's just so cool Andrew.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(02-20-2018, 09:32 AM)Humanbackhoe Wrote:  This Willow Oak wing back chair was started last October. The log was from my yard and originally was 800 pounds.....it is about 275 pounds now...

After the initial shape out with a chainsaw, I let it sit for 2 months to adjust the moisture, on my covered shop porch. This week I have been giving it the final push to finish it....

Andrew

Lookin good. Thats a lot of work there.
Yes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-20-2018, 09:32 AM)Humanbackhoe Wrote: [Image: DSC00524_zpsl13sasbj.jpg][Image: DSC00530_zpsmvlivzwd.jpg][Image: DSC00519_zps8a1fccez.jpg]
 This Willow Oak wing back chair was started last October. The log was from my yard and originally was 800 pounds.....it is about 275 pounds now...

After the initial shape out with a chainsaw, I let it sit for 2 months to adjust the moisture, on my covered shop porch. This week I have been giving it the final push to finish it....

Andrew

That is just awesome.  I need some more precision woodworking tools, like a chainsaw.  Free logs from my own yard, would be great also.  All my yard produces is willows, lots of them.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(02-20-2018, 12:34 PM)photobug Wrote:  I need some more precision woodworking tools, like a chainsaw. 

Defiantly an upgrade from a hatchet.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-20-2018, 10:03 AM)Redman Wrote: That's just so cool Andrew.

Redman....Thank you for saying. This has been a real departure from the furniture I usually make. There were no drawings, just a quick outline with spray paint and have at it...

Stwood....Thanks for the thread, when I first saw it I thought it is a wonderful idea.
 I guess this project is a lot of work, but to tell you the truth...I didn't notice that part.
 The confined and dangerous use of chainsaw, right angle grinders and sawsalls took so much concentration that the time just flew by.

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
(02-20-2018, 12:34 PM)photobug Wrote: That is just awesome.  I need some more precision woodworking tools, like a chainsaw.  Free logs from my own yard, would be great also.  All my yard produces is willows, lots of them.
Thank you....
I think that if my yard were full of willows, I would be weaving them into a wing back chair....
Yes

Andrew
"That's like getting a running start and diving headfirst into the vortex."

Steve Freidman 4/21/2013
My shop today has a locust bench with walnut stretcher. This is my first work with locust, just to see how it is. Very hard but easy to work with.
The rifle is the kid's Remington 22. Glueing the splt stock back tougher, then refinish.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice bench.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Yes
Yes
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Outfeed table serves as a bench sometimes.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020