Daily Bench Shot
Got a new toy last week and spent a bit of time learning the basics of how to use it for internal and external cuts as well as pocketing and a little bit of engraving.  

Quick and dirty bit of cutting in MDF and it pockets together very, very smoothly. Need about 100 more hours to practice so I can find new and more clever ways to make minor mistakes. But I think this is going to be a VERY, VERY useful tool for prototyping parts and making templates. Need to starting thinking differently about how project parts could be made and assembled.

Also, blew my budget for new equipment for probably the next 1-1/2 years...

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Needed a couple of tiny assembly squares at work. So this is a job for my new toy, I mean tool. Yeah, tool.

Little CAD work in Fusion360 and all ready to go.

Worked swell.

A simple box for my daughter's dance school. 24x24x74. Super exciting, right?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

(01-30-2020, 09:13 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: A simple box for my daughter's dance school.  24x24x74.  Super exciting, right?

What, didn't want to lay inside to do the pocket holes?
Nope! They won't be noticed here.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-30-2020, 12:33 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Nope!  They won't be noticed here.

Missing out on the opportunity to do a nifty magic trick.

Pocket-hole yourself into a crate and then magically appear at the back of the shop, disguised as the lovely assistant.
(01-30-2020, 01:59 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Missing out on the opportunity to do a nifty magic trick.

Pocket-hole yourself into a crate and then magically appear at the back of the shop, disguised as the lovely assistant.

Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Lots of good work posts here.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
[Image: K4OOBLQ.jpg]
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
(01-31-2020, 08:47 PM)justdraftn Wrote: [Image: K4OOBLQ.jpg]

Must have several hours on that one.
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020