It's finally done
Thumbs Up 
Fantastic Piece of work Love the color & finish the size is impressive as well; you should take a photo w/ something to gauge the size
Gorgeous!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-23-2018, 02:47 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: ... you should take a photo w/ something to gauge the size

Does this help? I was going to put up a pic of the piece still on the lathe but I didn't have a good one. Another idea of size is that it completely used up 18 feet of rough-sawn 2 x 6 boards.

Attached Files Image(s)

We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(01-23-2018, 08:30 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Does this help?  I was going to put up a pic of the piece still on the lathe but I didn't have a good one.  Another idea of size is that it completely used up 18 feet of rough-sawn 2 x 6 boards.

Great work on this piece impressive results.
Tim
That is stunning both in design and execution.  Really nice work.
(01-23-2018, 08:30 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Does this help? I was going to put up a pic of the piece still on the lathe but I didn't have a good one. Another idea of size is that it completely used up 18 feet of rough-sawn 2 x 6 boards.

That's better! Great looking piece.
Beautiful piece!  Well done.  
Cool
Scary thing is Jim might just be right... Patsfan 04/04/05
(01-23-2018, 08:30 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Does this help?  I was going to put up a pic of the piece still on the lathe but I didn't have a good one.  Another idea of size is that it completely used up 18 feet of rough-sawn 2 x 6 boards.

Wow that is a whopper.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Much better, great form and a lot of work to pull this one off; it's amazing how much timber these large forms use , Great Job!!