Lee Valley/Veritas pull-shave discontinued?
I want to build some chairs in the spring. I went to Lee Valley and picked out the tools I'd need to buy and put them in my cart. I've had a Veritas pull-shave in my "purchase later" cart as it said unavailable until March when I first went shopping. When I went to check on my cart this morning to see if the pull-shave status had been updated, they are now listed as unavailable. Is Lee Valley discontinuing them?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Benjamin Franklin
Oh, bummer!  You might contact Customer Service and see if they still have one lying around.
(01-23-2018, 05:21 PM)dave brown Wrote: I want to build some chairs in the spring. I went to Lee Valley and picked out the tools I'd need to buy and put them in my cart. I've had a Veritas pull-shave in my "purchase later" cart as it said unavailable until March when I first went shopping. When I went to check on my cart this morning to see if the pull-shave status had been updated, they are now listed as unavailable. Is Lee Valley discontinuing them?

Start calling around to the retail stores, as they say 'check store availability" when you put it in your cart, you might get lucky.  You can also try a WTB post in swap and sell below, someone might have one they could part with.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-23-2018, 05:21 PM)dave brown Wrote: I want to build some chairs in the spring. I went to Lee Valley and picked out the tools I'd need to buy and put them in my cart. I've had a Veritas pull-shave in my "purchase later" cart as it said unavailable until March when I first went shopping. When I went to check on my cart this morning to see if the pull-shave status had been updated, they are now listed as unavailable. Is Lee Valley discontinuing them?

Discontinued?

I think it is just out of stock.

Simon
(01-23-2018, 07:54 PM)Admiral Wrote: Start calling around to the retail stores, as they say 'check store availability" when you put it in your cart, you might get lucky.  You can also try a WTB post in swap and sell below, someone might have one they could part with.

Oh, there's a way to check them online:  Halifax has one; so does Kingston; Toronto Downtown; Burlington; Waterloo; London and Windsor, all in the East.  See if you can sweet talk them into shipping, or maybe someone here could get one for you.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks for the tips guys. I’ll call around.
Hi Dave -

We still have 65 in stock - split between A2 and O1. If you contact customer service, they'll be able to get you the one you want.

Cheers -

Rob
Thank you for the heads-up Rob!
Crud. I shouldve jumped on one of these in the last FREE SHIPPING period.

But there’s also that forever persistant question in handtooldom - A2 or O1??
Cian, that’s easy, PMV11.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof