Gluing cedar
(01-26-2018, 02:07 PM)TangoTwo Wrote: They also don't measure the entrance hole to be sure it's exactly 1 1/8" either.
Big Grin

Actually, this is quite important to control who nests there.  If it's smaller, they can't fit in, and a bit larger allows sparrows to displace them.
Guys, thanks for your advice. The pickets actually measured 1/2', NOT 5/8" as advertised. I planed one face of each, glued them w/TB 3 and it came out flat. Planed both outside faces to 11/16" and made the house. Turned out well. I cut shallow saw kerfs from about nest height to the hole on the inside front to assist the young in exiting and 4 grooves on the front== no dowel perch, IAW all the plans from reputable organizations for bluebirds.

Cheap material and easy to build. I'll be doing more for family, friends and neighbors.

Thanks again.

Jerry
(01-24-2018, 06:01 PM)Admiral Wrote: This^^^

Also, I've made many bluebird houses out of cedar, and some are over 20 years old still in service, and glued up with regular tightbond yellow glue.

^^^^^

What Bob and Rich both said.  The only thing I use differently is Epoxy instead of TB3 a You know just in case thing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.