A couple rear space saving Sliding compound miter saws not Hitachi, Bosch or Festool
Yes. Sad indeed. At one time almost all my equipment was Delta...now just drill press and mortised are left.
-Marc

That Hitachi looks awesome.  I know they make an excellent miter saw.

The Delta swing arm looks plastic to me.  I hope its not.
I thought the same too so I checked. Its not plastic.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I would think a SCMS design like the Bosch Glide or new Delta would require pretty stout and precise parts. I'd have more faith in Bosch but it'll be interesting to get the user reports on the Delta once they've been out a while.
(01-31-2018, 07:27 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: I would think a SCMS design like the Bosch Glide or new Delta would require pretty stout and precise parts. I'd have more faith in Bosch but it'll be interesting to get the user reports on the Delta once they've been out a while.

Reviews are out on it on Amazon. They look to be fairly good, but there aren't that many of them. Right now the saw is priced at 624 which is a bit more than what Mike posted at Menards. If I were in the market, I'd go with the Bosch since it has the history of the company and that model has been out for years.
(01-31-2018, 09:50 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: Reviews are out on it on Amazon.  They look to be fairly good, but there aren't that many of them.  Right now the saw is priced at 624 which is a bit more than what Mike posted at Menards.  If I were in the market, I'd go with the Bosch since it has the history of the company and that model has been out for years.

Just checked Menards.com. Looks like the 10" Glide Bosch is $519 plus shipping and tax. If you pickup from store it is a demo saw, but paying $29 for delivery gets you a new one.

I measured the Delta, Hitachi non slider and slider, Bosch and Master force from the rear most point not including dust bag to the fence. To me that was the measurement I wanted to see on which  was shallowest. Delta won by a couple inches or so.

Delta
[Image: MVIMG_20180202_134209_zps2acdjpwb.jpg]

Bosch
[Image: IMG_20180202_134247_zpsp9fa9nzo.jpg]

Masterforce
[Image: IMG_20180202_134428_zpstsinvjbb.jpg]

Hitachi NON slider
[Image: IMG_20180202_134613_zpsk2dwfh5x.jpg]

Hitachi Slider
[Image: MVIMG_20180202_134658_zps18w5nzbn.jpg]

(01-31-2018, 09:50 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: Reviews are out on it on Amazon.  They look to be fairly good, but there aren't that many of them.  Right now the saw is priced at 624 which is a bit more than what Mike posted at Menards.  If I were in the market, I'd go with the Bosch since it has the history of the company and that model has been out for years.

Lowes had the Delta for $399 at one point. It looks like they're $599 now.
(02-08-2018, 03:04 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: Lowes had the Delta for $399 at one point. It looks like they're $599 now.

I like the Hitachi.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
(02-08-2018, 03:04 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: Lowes had the Delta for $399 at one point. It looks like they're $599 now.

The new Delta was $399 or the old one with rails was $399??