The GRIZZLY Challenge
(01-29-2018, 01:28 PM)shiraz Wrote: Yes, it is.

My Papagrizzly account has been locked out for some reason, so had to register again. I have an email to them, but no response so far. I have tried to log in and post over the last few months, but have been unable to. Never followed up with them until today. It would be nice to get my old account active again as there is some good history there.

This sounds like the same problems I had for a short time.  Got resolved after I started a new account and got pinged for having 2 logins on the same email account.  

The challenge sounds fun and will be interesting to watch.  Sounds like it could be a TV show in the making 
Wink
(02-04-2018, 01:27 AM)mdhills Wrote: Arlin,
  each of the 3 contestants has posted a youtube video showing their build:
If you really want to vote, send me a PM and I'll cast my facebook vote accordingly...

Matt

Thanks Matt
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great choice of content creators to support and good idea for a contest.

Thank you Griz for being involved in the YouTube maker community in such a positive way.
What do you thing of having three turners do this next time?

Matt

I sent you a PM with remarks on all three videos and who I voted for. I do not know if it requires remarks or not in the voting.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

So anyone know who is winning?  I voted for Will and did a write-up on each person and the job they did. 

I think Chris did not finish his project since he said it was a table and only had the legs done.  He also was pretty negative on the woods he received.  I was wondering if he did this on purpose throwing the contest or that is how he feels and also not finishing. So I put him in last place.

With Kyle he did a nice project and looked great and with the lattice legs but then he called it "Natural Edge table" and that it was NOT.  He ground the edge to look like it so I personally think it was deceitful.

Now will did a great project and positive attitude and great wrap up after it was all done.  Also he did a fine display of the woods he received and make the end tables with the best woods  to show in the best places.  This was #1 for me.
Yes

I am not on Facebook so I did not vote.

However, I like Kyle's the best.  I am judging by how I like the finished product.  It does not bother me that he did a faux natural edge. 

I really like Chris's work, generally.  Not so much for this project.

I did like Will's work quite well, but Kyle wins by a sliver (pun fully intended).
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(02-08-2018, 03:19 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: So anyone know who is winning?  I voted for Will and did a write-up on each person and the job they did. 

I think Chris did not finish his project since he said it was a table and only had the legs done.  He also was pretty negative on the woods he received.  I was wondering if he did this on purpose throwing the contest or that is how he feels and also not finishing.  So I put him in last place.

With Kyle he did a nice project and looked great and with the lattice legs but then he called it "Natural Edge table" and that it was NOT.  He ground the edge to look like it so I personally think it was deceitful.

Now will did a great project and positive attitude and great wrap up after it was all done.  Also he did a fine display of the woods he received and make the end tables with the best woods  to show in the best places.  This was #1 for me.
Yes

I liked Will's project the best and I'm gald to know I'm not the only one who raised a brow at Kyle's "natural edge" when I saw he just faked it with a grinder.  Kyle has made some amazing pieces but I didn't quite like the aesthetic of his, seemed forced. 

I also don't use facebook so no vote!
I am still wondering who won?

Anyone?

PapaGriz?

(02-11-2018, 05:26 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am still wondering who won?

Anyone?

PapaGriz?

I think they announce it tomorrow.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(02-11-2018, 11:46 PM)packerguy® Wrote: I think they announce it tomorrow.

Thanks