Lee Valley's shelves are bare...
Had a guy who worked with us, recently assume a prone position and cool to room temperature. I picked up a bunch of his shifts and got a bunch of overtime. So I took my found fun money to the Lee Valley web site. I wanted a router plane, combination plane and skew rabbit. All out of stock. Must have been a good Christmas season. I did order a tenon and carcass saw.

To be fair, the competition had to backorder my bronze #4.
(01-29-2018, 08:09 PM)Mike77 Wrote: Had a guy who worked with us, recently assume a prone position and cool to room temperature. I picked up a bunch of his shifts and got a bunch of overtime. So I took my found fun money to the Lee Valley web site. I wanted a router plane, combination plane and skew rabbit. All out of stock. Must have been a good Christmas season. I did order a tenon and carcass saw.

To be fair, the competition had to backorder my bronze #4.

Actually, I have to like this, it means business is good, and I like the idea of having both a LV and LN around, both great companies and both get to pick my pocket occasionally, actually more often than might be best for my "tool and wood fund."
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-29-2018, 09:24 PM)Admiral Wrote: Actually, I have to like this, it means business is good, and I like the idea of having both a LV and LN around, both great companies and both get to pick my pocket occasionally, actually more often than might be best for my "tool and wood fund."

We have a duty to help keep LV and LN in business.  A very important duty.
(01-29-2018, 09:48 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: We have a duty to help keep LV and LN in business.  A very important duty.

Yeah, but limited to the extent of my tool and wood fund!!!
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have certainly done my part. 
Laugh
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(01-30-2018, 08:29 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: I have certainly done my part. 
Laugh

And we sincerely thank all of you....!

Working as hard as we can!

Cheers -

Rob
I love this place.

: )
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I guess I better order anyway and get my name in the que. On a brighter note, they shipped my #4
Yay! Lee Valley got some router planes in, I grabbed one and it shipped. Now, if I can just get a skew rabbit and a plow plane we're set. Okay, not "set", I'm eyeing a shooting plane.
(02-01-2018, 05:30 PM)Mike77 Wrote: Yay! Lee Valley got some router planes in, I grabbed one and it shipped. Now, if I can just get a skew rabbit and a plow plane we're set. Okay, not "set", I'm eyeing a shooting plane.

I have done my part this year buying a few things here and there.  My biggest purchase this year was the new combination plane.  I saw it, I wanted it, and I waited until my tool fund grew enough to afford it, then I pulled the trigger.  Waiting for warmer weather here in the South so that I can start playing with it.
Regards,
Save the whales! Collect the whole set.