WTB: Biscuit Joiner
Well, I'm bummed.  

I was building a project (the New Yankee Router Table) and was cutting biscuit slots in the back of the shelves to attach the back.  

I knocked my biscuit joiner off the bench and it hit the ground.  There's not a mark on it, but it won't work anymore.  I've completely disassembled it, and I can't find any reason why it has stopped, but when I reassemble it, it still won't work.  It was just a cheap Ryobi Biscuit Joiner, but it was my Dad's and I always like having his tools.

In any case (and to wrap this up), I guess I'm going to need to buy a new biscuit joiner.  

I'm kind of leaning towards a Porter Cable 557, but will still consider others.  Any recommendations?

Before I buy new, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has one that they are looking to sell?

Thanks,

Jonathan
(01-31-2018, 05:33 PM)MrWhite Wrote: Well, I'm bummed.  

I was building a project (the New Yankee Router Table) and was cutting biscuit slots in the back of the shelves to attach the back.  

I knocked my biscuit joiner off the bench and it hit the ground.  There's not a mark on it, but it won't work anymore.  I've completely disassembled it, and I can't find any reason why it has stopped, but when I reassemble it, it still won't work.  It was just a cheap Ryobi Biscuit Joiner, but it was my Dad's and I always like having his tools.

In any case (and to wrap this up), I guess I'm going to need to buy a new biscuit joiner.  

I'm kind of leaning towards a Porter Cable 557, but will still consider others.  Any recommendations?

Before I buy new, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has one that they are looking to sell?

Thanks,

Jonathan
I am not sure of the number but it also comes with a face frame cutter. I can check for sure tomorrow. I am asking $100 for it firm plus shipping. I will get you some pictures if interested.

Tom
(01-31-2018, 08:03 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am not sure of the number but it also comes with a face frame cutter. I can check for sure tomorrow. I am asking $100 for it firm plus shipping. I will get you some pictures if interested.

Tom

Tom,

Sure, I'd be interested in some more details / images.  You can PM me, or I can give you my email address. 

Thanks,

Jonathan
Get the PC 557....
Jerry
The PC is probably a great tool. But I like my dewalt. Haven't tried any others...just sayin...you got options  
Yes
But if Tom has one for you, he is a great guy to deal with. He won't steer you wrong!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(02-01-2018, 12:01 PM)alanealane Wrote: The PC is probably a great tool. But I like my dewalt. Haven't tried any others...just sayin...you got options  
Yes
But if Tom has one for you, he is a great guy to deal with. He won't steer you wrong!

I had the Dewalt.  I sold it and bought the PC.  The PC has a much nicer fence and it can do FF biscuits.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Sorry I forgot about offering to sell my cutter biscuit. Call it an old age thing. I will go get it so I can take pictures.

Tom
I went to my shop and got it. Sorry, I have the instruction manual but no dust bag. I find they are more trouble than they are worth so I don't use then and they get misplaced. Again asking $100 plus shipping firm.

[attachment=7861 ]

I am going to PM the writer of this post so he can decide first if he is interested.

Tom

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks to everyone for your comments and especially to those of you who offered to sell me yours. (I've PM'd those folks directly)

I got lucky on Craigslist today. I never see biscuit joiners on Craigslist, but last night someone listed a DeWalt 782 with a hard case, all the accessories, and a bunch of biscuits for $70. I just met the guy a bought it. He had a nice shop and we had a good chat about woodworking.

I think that I would rather have had the PC (because of the 135° setting for miter joints), but for $70, I don't think I can go wrong with this DeWalt. It's a solid tool, and a massive upgrade over the Ryobi that I was using. I'm still bummed that I broke my Dad's joiner though.

Thanks again,

Jonathan
Good find.

It is somewhat sad that you broke your dad's tools, but now you are building your own set to leave to your future progeny.