Recommend a Drill Press Vise?
(02-02-2018, 06:47 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: I'm in the market for a decent vise for my drill press.  I pretty regularly need to bore accurate holes in small-ish workpieces (both wood and plastic), and I'm getting tired of clamping makeshift fences to my wobbly drill press table.  I need a dedicated drill press vise that allows for accurate positioning on both the X- and Y-axes.  The ability to add non-marring jaws would be a big plus.

I'm looking for something that adjusts easily in both directions, but I'm seeing prices all over the map, from $50 to over $500.  I'm guessing you get what you pay for, but it's not like I'm using this thing every day.  I just need something that's functional and more stable than my makeshift clamp-ups.  

What do you folks recommend?

Disclaimer; I am primarily a metal worker these days but do still dabble in wood. I have never seen a woodworker centric drill press vise on the market. Existing vises are not really good for woodworking. The jaws are to small in all directions and they can dimple the wood. I saw a video of a homebuilt drill press vise for woodworkers that would be ideal in my mind. https://youtu.be/GaR4VroEpWc

I plan to build one of these. If you need the X-Y movement then go to banggood and buy an aluminum X-Y table to which you could mount the vise. Miniature-Precision-Milling-Machine-Bench-Multifunction-Drill-Vise-Fixture-Worktable-p-1027924.html
Personally, if I need X-Y table work I go to my metal mill.  
Yes
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!