HANDTOOLS: 14", 14pt Backsaw; Freshly Sharpened - SOLD
Ok, in the winter, pickings get slim at the markets, but I came upon this saw, "Pennsylvania Saw Company, York PA" with a less than worthy miterbox; PA Saw Company was acquired by Disston, I've got a few of their saws which perform for me, and they kept the brand, as a secondary homeowner type brand; however, the saw plate is quite worthy, and it was in very nice shape, so I took a flyer and picked it up.  It had a very aggressive set, so I jointed it down a bit, and sharpened it, and it turned out to be a nice, well performing saw.  No pitting, handle solid and no chips or cracks, as you can see from the pics it tracks straight and true, and the jointing and filing reduced the set to an acceptable level.  It cuts really nicely.  Here's a teaser pic, more pics in the Flickr album link below:

[Image: 28269810369_4d75729734_b.jpg]

Clean and clear etch, made in USA, likely in the '50s; again, I filed it rip and you can see how it tracks in the album pics when put to wood.  Yours for $25 plus shipping, essentially you are getting the saw for free since it is freshly sharpened; I just couldn't leave this one on the table as it has merit.  Here's a link to some more pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...9153112669

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can figure and quote shipping.  I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order please; if I recognize you from the forum, checks are just fine.

Tools that I would own, priced reasonably for users.  

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent
(02-03-2018, 08:56 AM)emerlem Wrote: PM sent

Saw is sold, thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis