DustKop DC?
What the heck is going on with attaching pics? Why do they *always* show up in landscape view when attached?
Semper fi,
Brad

Let's try again, but using Imgur to resize and post them.

[Image: qa78Y1I.jpg?1]

[Image: JZIpQwo.jpg?1]

[Image: jzD02mo.jpg?1]

[Image: 9qbVkAW.jpg?1]

[Image: 0ve1gfG.jpg?1]

[Image: QAn4MNR.jpg?1]
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-07-2018, 09:55 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: What the heck is going on with attaching pics?  Why do they *always* show up in landscape view when attached?

Always happens to me when I use my phone pics. So I try not to use those
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

You have a push through
You mentioned the motor is 3/4-HP.  What amperage does the motor plate indicate at 120?  And what is the D of the impeller?
You can use ordinary clear garbage bags, even though they are much thinner and weaker than the type intended for this unit. The way to do it is to use two thicknesses of bag, and make sure to trap some air between the bags. If one layer gets a puncture, it is obvious because the gap between the two goes away, and you can change them.
Phil, at 120V, it's marked at 9.6A. At 208-230V it's 5 - 4.6A

I haven't removed the impeller's cover, but it looks like it's about 16.5" in diameter.
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-08-2018, 08:13 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Phil, at 120V, it's marked at 9.6A.  At 208-230V it's 5 - 4.6A

I haven't removed the impeller's cover, but it looks like it's about 16.5" in diameter.

It may have been intended for use with a single machine with a choked-down airflow.

Make sure you watch the amperage when you're testing it.
(02-08-2018, 09:04 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: It may have been intended for use with a single machine with a choked-down airflow.

Make sure you watch the amperage when you're testing it.

This will be a single use machine for me, too.  Mine is a small shop.  For the time being, I don't even plan on installing hard ducting, not until I figure out the final layout of the shop.  For now, I have a DustRight (sp?) hose from Rockler that I just move from machine to machine.
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-08-2018, 08:13 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Phil, at 120V, it's marked at 9.6A.  At 208-230V it's 5 - 4.6A

16.5" impeller on a 3/4 hp? 
Eek   That might have been designed for some high SP application.  Sure you're not measuring the outside of the scroll?

As Phil said, watch the current with nothing connected to it.  Or better yet, put a blast gate on it (closed), and run it while monitoring current while you open the gate a bit at a time. 

Many squirrel cage blowers are designed for relatively high SP applications and will grossly overload the motor if run unrestricted.  For instance.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"