Video on an old axe shop in Maine
https://youtu.be/Qr4VTCwEfko

Enjoy!
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Thanks EBL!
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-04-2018, 11:48 AM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: https://youtu.be/Qr4VTCwEfko

Enjoy!
nice video thanks
Thanks for the historic trip back in time.  I was 13 then.
One of the comments said the hourly rate for the journeyman was $1.63 per hour.
I remember my father saying he was making $5000 something a year when he first came back from Vietnam. That had to have been around 69. Wages have changed!
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Fantastic,Matt,thanks

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(02-05-2018, 05:48 AM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: I remember my father saying he was making $5000 something a year when he first came back from Vietnam.  That had to have been around 69.  Wages have changed!

About that time gas was 25-cents a gallon. I think I earned 1.60-75 doing general labor. 1965 labor cost was about 1.25 as a grocery bagger, or field grunt. In 70, 12 oz beer on tap was cheaper than a coke, 25-cents vs 35. Dimes and quarters were valuable. People still stooped for a penny on the ground.

Minimum wage was not the Ritz, but one could drive and rent housing then. Now, it's a car, maybe, and someone's microwave and refer generosity.