bandsaw identification
Can someone identify this bandsaw model so I can try to find an instruction manual.   The throat is 12", and the distance between the table and upper blade guide is about 6".  

The bandsaw is so dirty and rusty, and the rubber tires are so worn out, I can understand now why nobody bid on it on ebay. 

Is this bandsaw worth restoring, or should I just take it to the dumpster?   It only cost 99 cents (the starting bid), and it came with a 1/3 HP motor that's in good condition, so I wouldn't be too upset if I have to scrap it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like an Atlas 912.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/51/726.pdf

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/d...px?id=5937

At 125 lb just for the saw, it's heavier than my 1940's Craftsman 12" BS, which is about 100 lb sans motor and stand.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
That is an excellent bandsaw...please do not trash it.   It is well worth restoring...pretty much just new bearings and a clean up.  The wheels themselves are crowned so all you have to do is replace the tires.  I have one and it works very well.
Looks like you are getting into OWWM. Is that a Duro 16 in the background of one of the pix?

That is a nice little saw you picked up. I've never had an Atlas, though I've heard nothing but good things about them. Atlas is now Clausing so you could say they are currently in business. It is a good candidate for restoration.
There is no better built 12" band saw that I know of.  Its well worth restoration activity and expense.  

Here's an "as found" photo of one I got.  You paid 99¢ more than I did, but once the restoration was done, it is priceless.  My son used it for several years before he got a 14" with a riser block.  One of his friends has had it for many years now and he loves it.  He says it is his most favorite machine in his whole workshop.  It is quiet and smooth.

The restored version.

TDKPE  -  thanks for the instruction manual and the link to the vintage machinery website, it's exactly what I need    

dgman  - the original tires are rubber.  Should I replace with rubber, or urethane tires?

EvilTwin - yes, that's a Duro 15" bandsaw I picked up on Craigslist for $150 a year ago.    

Bob  - I've never restored any woodworking machines before, but I'll try to restore this one if this bandsaw is as good as everyone seems to think it is

thanks again for everyone's advice
I put urethane tires on the wheels when I replaced mine.  They went on easily ....no glue... and seem to be working quit well.