Saw spines
Hello all,

Do you have any recommendations for a place to get a slotted spine for a backsaw project?

I've got two saw plates collecting dust in my shop and I've been thinking of getting the spines that I'd need to complete them.

One of them is 24" long by 6.25" tall and it is .040" thick
the other is 12" long by 4.5" tall and .030" thick

Thanks
Peter

My "day job"
1. Dominic Greco at Two Guys In a Garage (TGIAG.com) Theirs are folded backs.

2. Isaac Smith at   http://www.blackburntools.com His are solid saw-cut bar stock.

Both sell the bolts and nuts, and also have templates for handles. They visit this forum.
(02-06-2018, 10:17 PM)hbmcc Wrote: 1. Dominic Greco at Two Guys In a Garage (TGIAG.com) Theirs are folded backs.

2. Isaac Smith at   http://www.blackburntools.com His are solid saw-cut bar stock.

Both sell the bolts and nuts, and also have templates for handles. They visit this forum.

Thanks for that.

I got the saw plates from Dominic right after he had gotten his toothing machine.
This was a few years ago.
Peter

My "day job"
(02-06-2018, 09:31 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: Hello all,

Do you have any recommendations for a place to get a slotted spine for a backsaw project?

I've got two saw plates collecting dust in my shop and I've been thinking of getting the spines that I'd need to complete them.

One of them is 24" long by 6.25" tall and it is .040" thick
the other is 12" long by 4.5" tall and .030" thick

Thanks

Ron Bonz hangs around here too and I think he is using slotted backs.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-07-2018, 10:15 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Ron Bonz hangs around here too and I think he is using slotted backs.

PM on the way.
BontzSawWorks.net
(02-07-2018, 08:00 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: PM on the way.

Thanks, Ron.
Peter

My "day job"