Really large PVC
(02-08-2018, 07:28 PM)Roly Wrote: Wait until you price it.    You may be rethinking it.   Roly

They did say it cost $90 for the straight pipe.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(02-08-2018, 07:23 PM)Lynden Wrote: Are you planning to use it for a laundry chute?

Yes. Thinking I may be able to find some leftover on Freecycle. We also have a "scrap" center where remodelers bring things they've taken out of old homes, or end up with after a project.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
By Jove, I think I've got it! Checked HD and found 12" steel pipe for ~$38. The only problem I can see is the bendable corners, will clothing get caught in the bends?
Mike

(02-08-2018, 08:38 PM)Scouter Wrote: Checked HD and found 12" steel pipe for ~$38. The only problem I can see is the bendable corners, will clothing get caught in the bends?

I think I'd use Sonotube. Cut and glue it with polyurethane glue to fabricate any bends required.

https://www.sonotube.com/sonotubeconcreteforms.aspx

https://www.google.com/search?client=saf...VQ31b7vb7A
Laundry chute kits....

laundry chute kits
(02-08-2018, 08:45 PM)Lynden Wrote: I think I'd use Sonotube. Cut and glue it with polyurethane glue to fabricate any bends required.

I was thinking the same thing.
Smooth wall tile?

Can you make it rectangular and use HVAC ducting.  My mother in law has a laundry chute that looks like it is lined with galvanized that I've assumed is duct work.
(02-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Lynden Wrote: Laundry chute kits....

laundry chute kits

I searched them earlier, most of the companies that sell the kits are UK based and won't ship to the US. The ones I've seen in the US use flex pipe, reviews are lousy, clothes getting stuck in the pipe ribs.
Mike

Round metal HVAC Duct will get you the diameter you need and will be much easier to find than large PVC pipe.
I would use rectangular HVAC duct.  Houses have rectangular cavities, and putting a round duct into a rectangular cavity will waste all that corner space.  Larger is less likely to clog, so I'd just use all the space that's available.

Unless there are other reasons you need round, of course.  
Smile
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"