trying to cut unknown angle accuratly
I need to cut off both ends of two 4x4s at slightly over or under 90°

I've looked online and can't find any videos showing how to do.

I have a chop saw, but do'nt know how to line up the blade to the line on the 4x4. The line is straight , butnot 90°

tks,
pa
Do you have a bevel Square? If so set it to the angle, then use it to set the blade.
If not, set the angle to what looks right, then make a test cut and adjust as needed. Several test cuts should get you there

Edit to say welcome to the group

I second the bevel square, it's a handy little tool.
Bevel square and a second piece of wood, milled to the same dimension.  Use the bevel square to estimate the angle.  Use the scrap piece to test this angle and cut the real piece when you get it right.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(02-10-2018, 10:08 PM)paulmars Wrote: I need to cut off both ends of two 4x4s at slightly over or under 90°

I've looked online and can't find any videos showing how to do.

I have a chop saw, but do'nt know how to line up the blade to the line on the 4x4. The line is straight , butnot 90°

tks,
pa

Chop saw or compound miter saw. Single or double angle(blade turned/tipped)?

As stated, a bevel square is the best tool for the job. Another possibility(before I bought a bevel square) is to saw a kerf along the line with a hand saw and adjust the angle on the miter saw to fit the kerf.
Cut it cleanly, to a scribed line, with a Japanese saw.
Wood is good. 
(02-11-2018, 02:09 AM)ez-duzit Wrote: Cut it cleanly, to a scribed line, with a Japanese saw.

+1.  For a one-off it is faster to grab a hand tool than to fuss with the power tool
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I'm sure the guy with one post (quite possibly a spammer) who doesn't know how to cut an angle or what angle he has to cut owns a Japanese Saw.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Paul,

Snipe Hunter may have a point.  If you search for a Japanese pull saw, you may find them to be expensive.  However there are some much cheaper clones.  Search for "Shark pull saw" or "Irwin Pull Saw."  They are both less than $20 US bucks.  It is easy to cut to a line with this type of saw, and you will be surprised at how quickly you can get the job done.
[Image: spin_prod_206242301?hei=624&wid=624&op_sharpen=1]
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
In this vein, I much prefer the Vaughn Bear Saw; and, replacement blades are about $17.00.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.