question on track saws
(02-13-2018, 01:29 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: "Figure i have them, and i am not in that big a hurry"

I could unplug my table saw each time I need to adjust the blade height or move the fence, but I don't.

Come on you guys! At least TRY it without clamps. Unless you don't have a Festool.

Nah, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I own a track saw and table where the track is hinged to hold down the work, it acts like a clamp. When not using the table, I clamp the track. It only takes 15 seconds to clamp the track, it would take a lot longer to correct a problem do to a slip. Also the clamps act like little legs to set the system down. I unplug my circ saw when making adjustments too, but stop short of belt and suspenders.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Good management of dust hose and power cord is key to keeping the guide from moving during the cut. I clamp my Makita.
I have the Shop Foz which is a knock off of a knock off. I never clamp and it doesn't slip. These saws are designed primarily for sheet goods, rough sawn and all bets are off.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe