The Fitz
(02-15-2018, 08:34 AM)Skip J. Wrote:  Being a bit older... I don't do any social media at all.... absolutely none...... 

Er, ah, well, Skip, Woodnet IS social media!  But I resonate, woodworking forums are the only social media I frequent.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Skip, since you don’t use social media you’re going to have to stop posting on Woodnet. Sorry, gonna miss you buddy
Smile
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
(02-15-2018, 08:57 AM)Admiral Wrote: Er, ah, well, Skip, Woodnet IS social media!  But I resonate, woodworking forums are the only social media I frequent.

I've always considered WN to be more of an anti-social media...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-15-2018, 08:34 AM)Skip J. Wrote: Now we all are coming full circle..... along a path that has always been apolitical...  Being a bit older... I don't do any social media at all.... absolutely none...... so those posts of one sort or another are not in my world... this is my thread after all....
I find it interesting that, these days, "social media" doesn't seem to include places like this.  Yet, I've met several very nice folks - both online and in the flesh - whom I would not have known were it not for wooddorking forums.  So hardly anti-social, these places.

Edit after posting: Oh, and here I posted this before reading the second page of this thread, where other folks made the same point better and earlier.
(02-15-2018, 12:42 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: I find it interesting that, these days, "social media" doesn't seem to include places like this.  Yet, I've met several very nice folks - both online and in the flesh - whom I would not have known were it not for wooddorking forums.  So hardly anti-social, these places.

Edit after posting: Oh, and here I posted this before reading the second page of this thread, where other folks made the same point better and earlier.
Thank you Bill, I understand where you are coming from.... frankly almost all of my long-term friends over the years I have met here.

What an interesting turn of phrase.... forums are "social media" is not on my radar... comes from not having a smart phone I guess.  I've been on this forum awhile, and dabbled in a few other forums occasionally, so I guess you have me pegged alright.

On the other hand I mostly just watch and say very little; I don't think of myself as being "sociable" here.. In the 1st couple of years I was on here all day, every day, and commenting on everything that was being said.  I even ran a few threads of my own about building my bench and a few other topics.  And then business picked up and I had to decide whether to make a living, or be sociable here... But I am still here almost every day, watching.....
Skip