The Fitz
Surprise, Surprise!  Looks like Megan is back at work....

Megan's back!

Good to see you writing again Megan, keep up the good work!
Skip

Good for Megan!  Good for LAP!!  Good for us!!!
Yes
Uh, I don't think she ever left????

This drama concerning LAP/PWW people simply doesn't interest me. Its dumb.

Good grief.
Rolleyes
(02-13-2018, 06:14 PM)Rick Barton Wrote: Uh, I don't think she ever left????

This drama concerning LAP/PWW people simply doesn't interest me. Its dumb.

Good grief.
Rolleyes

Grumpy.... 

But, yes, one could look at this your way. PWW burns through a lot of people.
Meh....PWW is a shadow of what it once was. LAP has reprinted some excellent booke, albeit at a stiff price, but Megan's politics on some social sites will prevent me from purchasing any further from LAP.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Well, congrats to both Megan and to Chris.  They work well together.  Here's a link to Megan's blog where she describes her hiring by LAP:

https://rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.com/

As far as her politics goes, I was not aware of any of her political leanings, and prefer to keep it that way.  She has managed to keep them separate from her day job, and I think that's where they belong.  I suspect if I knew the political leanings of many folks, I'd have a lot fewer friends.  Let's keep politics out of this thread, please.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-14-2018, 08:27 AM)AHill Wrote: Well, congrats to both Megan and to Chris.  They work well together.  Here's a link to Megan's blog where she describes her hiring by LAP:

https://rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.com/

As far as her politics goes, I was not aware of any of her political leanings, and prefer to keep it that way.  She has managed to keep them separate from her day job, and I think that's where they belong.  I suspect if I knew the political leanings of many folks, I'd have a lot fewer friends.  Let's keep politics out of this thread, please.

YABBUT: when posts on social media are made, linked to an employer's name or site, said posts should remain neutral. If I want to hear political views, for example, on Woodnet, I will go to the "Basement" and not in the "Handtool" section.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
An apolitical thank you to Skip et al.
(02-14-2018, 05:27 PM)elinourrumming Wrote: An apolitical thank you to Skip et al.

Glad to hear your news, best wishes for the future and keep up the good work.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-14-2018, 05:27 PM)elinourrumming Wrote: An apolitical thank you to Skip et al.

You are very welcome Megan!

Until Chris published the 1st Woodworking magazine oh so long ago, I was a power tool guy just doing the chores around the house needing done.  No actual woodworking for fun at all.  I was fortunate enough to buy that magazine and then subscribe to it and have never looked back.  One of the first things I got out of it was a reference by Chris to this forum, which has also changed me in many ways......

Now we all are coming full circle..... along a path that has always been apolitical...  Being a bit older... I don't do any social media at all.... absolutely none...... so those posts of one sort or another are not in my world... this is my thread after all....
Skip