Not liking ToolNut so much anymore
(02-19-2018, 03:11 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The asterisk you referred to which I missed is on the top right corner (screen capture) while the Free Shipping on All Festool orders banner -- in much larger font size -- is on the left. That banner has NO asterisk or any warning about ineligible orders.

Simon, thanks again for pointing that out. I had updated the one on the toolnut.com website with an asterisk in that section, but it looks like I missed the one on our festoolproducts.com website. Again, we try to be fair and transparent. There are certainly instances that I could cite where we gone beyond our "obligation" to make sure we're offering exceptional service to our customers.

Mistakes happen, as was the case here. I think the difference between a good company and a great one is their ability to handle those mistakes. Through the feedback here, I have made adjustments to the website to ensure we are communicating clearly.

EightFingers, in every email that we send (since I'm the guy that does that), there is a template used that has the following statement:

* Orders with over $100 of merchandise, as well as all Festool products regardless of total, qualify for free ground economy shipping. Some exceptions apply. See website for details.

Unfortunately, UPS rates have increased to the point where we cannot ship for free to Hawaii and Alaska. I'm glad you were able to find a source for your order locally.

Shane
(02-19-2018, 03:42 PM)shanetoolnut Wrote: Through the feedback here, I have made adjustments to the website to ensure we are communicating clearly.

Shane

Good to know that!

Simon
Bob10,

Pretty much everything I buy and have shipped here is sent with no additional charge. Klinspor is an exception. I mostly use amazon.com for off-Island purchases and with Prime, I pay no shipping.
Move to Hawaii, first thing you’re advised to do is sign up for prime. Ive had furniture, a generator, many tools shipped here for no additional cost.
VH07V  
See I read what you wrote and to me the first thing you say is you get prime as a work around to a known issue
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

@ Shane - kudos for your efforts to explain the questions raised in this thread and your tact in handling the 'complaints' and suggestions - gives me a LOT of faith in using Toolnut in the future - I put in an order for a Cadex 21G pinner/nailer which I paid $249 w/ a $10 intro offer - I wanted a smaller number of combo pin sizes which did not seem an option, so I left an email and the next day got a phone call from Toolnut - cannot remember the name of the representative (may have been Shane?) - he stated clearly a 'combo pack' was not available from them - after the call I put in my order for the nailer - found what I wanted for nails on Amazon, which arrived today and the Cadex tool has been shipped.  Should be a happy camper - will donate my old Senco 18G nailer to my local H for H - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Seems like some people here are throwing up a lot of red herring regarding this is issue. What difference does it make how much and when I pay shipping anyway?

I guess my mistake was thinking “all” meant “all”.

As far as I’m concerned, I will always believe “all” means “all” no matter how many asterisks are added.
My suggestion I gave before changing “all” to “most” is apparently being ignored. I guess “most” just doesn’t have the marketing cache of “all” does it?
VH07V