Not liking ToolNut so much anymore
“Shipping is free on orders over $100, with the exception of orders shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. For orders under $100, there is a flat shipping charge of $8...”

orders shipping to Hawaii and Alaska

Please note that some items cannot be shipped outside of the continental United States. While we do our best to ensure that these items are properly noted on our website, we reserve the right to cancel shipments to Hawaii or Alaska. We will, of course, contact you in the event that we cannot ship one or more of your items. Order shipped to Hawaii or Alaska will be charged 10% of the order total in addition to our standard shipping rates.”

From their shipping policy tab. Maybe your address is the issue?
Try this link https://www.festoolproducts.com/policies...g-policies

Larry
Larry
(02-15-2018, 12:40 PM)lkomroff Wrote: Try this link https://www.festoolproducts.com/policies...g-policies

Larry

Hi Larry - went to that link (screen capture below) which first appeared that ALL Festool orders would ship FREE, but looked for any exceptions and Hawaii & Alaska do not qualify for the offer (blue box) - Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
Hi All - curious about others' experience w/ ToolNut?  So far the comments have been negative - reason is that I'm looking at the Cadex 21G nailer/pinner which I'm seeing there at $259 (w/o the Systainer case which I do not want - discussed in a thread I started on these nailers; their price is $299 w/ the case) - also I have a code for $10 off, so assume $249 w/ free shipping to me.  I've never ordered from them and am curious (w/o doing a poll) what experiences have been - bad, good, or OK?  Thanks - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Order the part from Amazon then. No reason to slam a tool company online for an $8 shipping fee...
I don't see what the issue is here. Toolnut is an awesome place that I have spent a lot of money at.

Sometimes tool companies make mistakes... this isn't one of them.
I've only made one purchase and had no problem with them at all...though that may not mean anything.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-15-2018, 02:44 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Order the part from Amazon then. No reason to slam a tool company online for an $8 shipping fee...
I don't see what the issue is here. Toolnut is an awesome place that I have spent a lot of money at.  

Sometimes tool companies make mistakes... this isn't one of them.

I think his bigger complaint is the hard to reach customer service  I know if at least one friend who had a screwed up order and took over a week to get anyone to respond  I bought some big equipment from them years ago and it was a great experience but it's been a few years
Yes, my main complaint was unreachable customer service. The “free shipping” is on an email,I received from TooNut. There was NOTHING in it about shipping not being free. It only showed up after I attempted place an order.
So I finally was able to get them today.
He apologized when he saw what I was talking about. He said the policy of charging for shipping to Hawaii was just changed a couple months ago when UPS raised their rates.
And this is understandable.
Just be up front about charges NO MATTER how things are advertised.
All you who say I’m complaining about shipping charges to Hawaii are wrong. Do you see anywhere in my post I was doing that?
I just want to know upfront what my costs will be and not after I spend the time to set up an order.
VH07V  
I have ordered quite a bit from toolnut a la festoolproductsinc.com . In one case they went out of their way to assemble a boom arm kit for me that was discontinued but still listed as in stock so that I could save the discount of the vac handle price of $70. I think that is good customer service. I will definitely use them again.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I found a place that has Festool, so I was able to get my part locally for less than ToolNut’s price. It’s helps sales tax here is only 4%.
VH07V