Not liking ToolNut so much anymore
Hey, everyone, Shane from Tool Nut here.

@EightFingers, please accept my apology for the inconvenience. We do our best to make sure our policies are transparent. There is a footnote on the email which states there are exclusions to the free shipping policy and to see our website for details. I think this is a fairly standard practice since it wouldn't be feasible to list every exception at the top of the email.

I appreciate the positive comments from our customers. We have a great group of tool guys that work at the Tool Nut. If you ever have questions or need help with anything, please feel free to email me directly at shane@toolnut.com. I generally answer emails up until midnight on weekdays and throughout the weekend. Always glad to help out.

Thanks,
Shane Hollland
shane@toolnut.com
The inconvenience was the waiting so long on hold for nothing. Hopefully, you can look into why this happened. It took going to option 3:accounting to end it when I got the terse message about being closed. This was after about 20 minutes on the phone. The quack (option 4) was funny, tho’.
If someone had actually answered when I called, or even had a message you were closed instead of the “high call volume...” message I might have gone on and placed the order as I was just one click away...
VH07V  
(02-17-2018, 02:48 AM)EightFingers Wrote: The inconvenience was the waiting so long on hold for nothing. Hopefully, you can look into why this happened. It took going to option 3:accounting to end it when I got the terse message about being closed.  This was after about 20 minutes on the phone. The quack (option 4) was funny, tho’.
If someone had actually answered when I called, or even had a message you were closed instead of the “high call volume...” message I might have gone on and placed the order as I was just one click away...

But in the end you are complaining of paying 8 extra dollars.
Not complaining, asking. There’s a big difference.

ETA: It would also have helped if instead of “All Festool orders ship free”, they put “Most Festool orders ship free.”  Just sayin’.
VH07V  
(02-17-2018, 02:18 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Not complaining, asking. There’s a big difference.

ETA: It would also have helped if instead of “All Festool orders ship free”, they put “Most Festool orders ship free.”  Just sayin’.

Should have said something like "Unless you live on a frickin island"  I had a guy buy something from me on Ebay lived on an island someplace off the coast of Maine?  Ebay said feel free to cancel the sale, seemed they didn't know about the place either
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(02-15-2018, 01:10 PM)giradman Wrote: Hi Larry - went to that link (screen capture below) which first appeared that ALL Festool orders would ship FREE, but looked for any exceptions and Hawaii & Alaska do nota qualify for the offer (blue box) - Dave
Smile

Judging from the Free Shipping note on the top of the screen, I agree it is misleading. Who the heck would check out the shipping policy when the free shipping note is stated without  at least an asterisk next to it  about exceptions?

Does $8 matter? Of course, it does when it is about a misleading ad. Free is free when no qualifiers are attached next to it.

Simon
[url=https://forums.woodnet.net/member.php?action=lostpw&lostemail=1][/url]
Quote:Who the heck would check out the shipping policy when the free shipping note is stated without at least an asterisk next to it about exceptions?

There is/was an asterisk next to it.

Like I said, we definitely want to be transparent and there was no intent to be misleading with our shipping policy. Shipping charges are always fully disclosed during checkout. That said, additional steps have been taken to help make it even more clear on our website and in our emails moving forward.

I appreciate the feedback from the forum members to help us improve.

Shane
There wasn’t one in the email I received.
Anyway I ended up purchasing locally so all’s well.
VH07V  
(02-19-2018, 01:49 PM)shanetoolnut Wrote: There is/was an asterisk next to it.

Like I said, we definitely want to be transparent and there was no intent to be misleading with our shipping policy. Shipping charges are always fully disclosed during checkout. That said, additional steps have been taken to help make it even more clear on our website and in our emails moving forward.

I appreciate the feedback from the forum members to help us improve.

Shane

Hi Shane,

First, kudos for your willingness to come up here and explain your position. Many vendors would pretend nothing has happened even when they monitor customers' feedback here.

The asterisk you referred to which I missed is on the top right corner (screen capture) while the Free Shipping on All Festool orders banner -- in much larger font size -- is on the left. That banner has NO asterisk or any warning about ineligible orders.

I don't know about others, but I have learned to read from left to right. As soon as I finished reading that banner, I would go ahead and place my order, if I was a customer.

Such design might not be intentional on your company's part but the result was the same: a customer would think the $8 shipping fee an unfair charge.

What happened when two contradicting sale terms were there?

Legally, ToolNut is safe, but the optics is pretty bad. Was it worth to keep that $8 revenue? Only your company could decide.

Not trying to compare, but this is how we customers look at customer service. In one forum thread, we learned that Lee Valley refunded the full shipping cost to a customer upon request who placed his order two days before its Free Shipping Event started. Legally, Lee Valley has had no obligation to do so.

Simon
(02-19-2018, 03:06 PM)EightFingers Wrote: There wasn’t one in the email I received.
Anyway I ended up purchasing locally so all’s well.

So I have to ask how often does free shipping from the mainland actually apply to your location?  I would imagine more often than not it does not.  I know when I was looking at moving to Maui it seemed nothing could be assumed with regard to shipping from the mainland other than it would be at a premium.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.