Another big piece
Beautiful.  The wife asked if I didn't really have room for a lathe.  I told her I didn't have room on the wall for two grand worth of turning tools. 
Winkgrin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Beautiful!

What do you call it? A wine Decanter?
(02-19-2018, 10:47 AM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: Beautiful.  The wife asked if I didn't really have room for a lathe.  I told her I didn't have room on the wall for two grand worth of turning tools. 
Winkgrin
The wall space isn't the problem. The problem is the space for the table saw and all its jigs, the bandsaw, the jointer, the planer, the drum sander, the low speed grinder, and the disk sander. Once you have all that and the space to put it in, she thinks its only fair that she gets a new kitchen. That's when turning starts to get expensive.

She's trying to sucker you into a new kitchen.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(02-19-2018, 02:13 PM)daddo Wrote: What do you call it? A wine Decanter?

The catalog a similar piece was in called it a water jug. That catalog also called it $2,600.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Nice water jug!

Beautiful work!
(02-19-2018, 05:56 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: The wall space isn't the problem.  The problem is the space for the table saw and all its jigs, the bandsaw, the jointer, the planer, the drum sander, the low speed grinder, and the disk sander.  Once you have all that and the space to put it in, she thinks its only fair that she gets a new kitchen.  That's when turning starts to get expensive.

She's trying to sucker you into a new kitchen.

Eh, she isn't like that.  She wants something, she asks. 
Smirk. We are both reasonable in our purchases. 
Yes. The space for all that other stuff? All ready have it, except a drum sander, use the belt sander, or desktop sander.
Laugh  Using it... was thinking about a lathe for making custom canes... then saw all the accessories you need. 
Laugh. Bought a spokeshave and made a cane. 
Winkgrin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Beautiful workmanship.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Beautiful!

Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."