TTT - Turning, Tips and Tricks
I'm kicking off a thread, that I'm hoping everyone can contribute something to.

Any tip or trick you utilize, go ahead and tell us about it here. Perhaps we can nudge each other in a different direction, to accomplish something we need, or didn't know we needed.

I'll start, with a 10 min video I made, showing how I went about making sanding disc holders/pads and how I organize the sanding equipment, for lathe work.

Sanding solution
(02-16-2018, 11:39 AM)MidwestMan Wrote: I'm kicking off a thread, that I'm hoping everyone can contribute something to.

Any tip or trick you utilize, go ahead and tell us about it here. Perhaps we can nudge each other in a different direction, to accomplish something we need, or didn't know we needed.

I'll start, with a 10 min video I made, showing how I went about making sanding disc holders/pads and how I organize the sanding equipment, for lathe work.

Sanding solution
thanks for your time. Us 69 year old beginners need some short cuts, hints and tips  Nice vid!  I hope there will be more.  You can teach an old dog new tircks
(02-17-2018, 08:41 PM)peter-m Wrote: thanks for your time. Us 69 year old beginners need some short cuts, hints and tips  Nice vid!  I hope there will be more.  You can teach an old dog new tircks

Thanks for the feedback. I was/am hoping that everyone could share some sort of tip or trick. It may seem small or unimportant to you, but may be a big thing to others.
The link below, shows how I deal with the fine dust from sanding.

Dust Collection
(02-18-2018, 04:03 AM)MidwestMan Wrote: The link below, shows how I deal with the fine dust from sanding.

Dust Collection
nice
To me that covers a lot of things and includes safety as well.

Big thing that would help is pictures.  I know this was done several years ago but with the new software it is probelly gone.

I will take some pics and post them of Tips and Tricks when I can.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I keep on old saucespan (with glass top to see through and keep dust out) on my shelf, that I fill up with cut paper towels.

Very handy for the friction finish I typically use. Arranging the cut pieces in a pinwheel makes for easy grabbing and it's not hard to do at all, while watching the tv.

[Image: GgWcoF.jpg]