Bought some "lumber" today..
Ok, to cut that radius...I could have used a coping saw....hands don't work well enough for that, anymore
No so..a vintage saw was used
Uhoh 

And a cut was made.   Then sanded to remove the saw marks...
Rolleyes  

Since my Stanley 45 does do rounded corners, and doesn't have a small cove cutter...had to use this thing
Uhoh 

To make this sort of detail
Cool  

Set  the case aside.  still need to make about a dozen plugs to cover screwholes, but case work is about done..
Rolleyes 

This was Friday's work session.   Today's was building a drawer, only to have to run down to the Blue_Borg and buy one more board
Upset
Still working through about 40 or so pictures of today's misadventures....stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I love the beads.

How are you going to cover up the screw holes in front?  Could you have drilled a counter bore hole on the inside and drilled the screw in there?

You do a really nice job using the planes.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-10-2018, 07:12 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I love the beads.

How are you going to cover up the screw holes in front?  Could you have drilled a counter bore hole on the inside and drilled the screw in there?

You do a really nice job using the planes.

Screw holes will get a plug glued in, then trimmed to match the surrounding area.   IF I match the grain....plug will just vanish...

Don't have enough "fancy" wood for plugs...besides, she intends to paint the case,  but will leave the drawer...
The "job" yesterday was to turn this freckled board..
Winkgrin 

Into the front of a drawer...
Cool

Handsaw work?

to get the blank to length.  smooth plane to flatten things out..

Then get out a few tools to make dovetails with..
Confused 

Well, that is a start....stay tuned
Winkgrin
"Plan" was for through dovetails....so

Used the bit to set the bevel guage,  and lay out to cut the pins 

Then saw the lines
Winkgrin 

Then chop the waste.  Chop about halfway through from one side...

Then flip the board over and chop out the rest...

Then make the pins on the other end of the drawer front's blank.

Next?  Sides of the drawer...stay tuned
Some of the boards used in building the case, had enough left over that I could set aside the two better ones, to act as the sides of the drawer. Had to trim the two to match each other....jack plane to match them for width..

Then trim for length...miter saw was not available, case was in the way, bandsaw to cut close to the lines,  then a block plane to "shoot" the ends square....
Rolleyes 

Then use the pins to mark the tails

Very sharp pencil...then the bandsaw to cut on the waste side of the lines.   I have a lot of trouble cutting angled cuts with a handsaw...keeps wanting to go straight
Angry  Bandsaw , I can SEE the cuts...and add a few more in the waste part, to help remove the waste.  Then a chisel to chop what remains

Then a dry fit..

Rather a bit tight.   Then repeat the above for the other side piece....
Next episode?   We get groovy, stay tuned
Winkgrin
Dovetails were done, for now.  need to get groovy. 
Cool  

Stanley 45.   I replaced the #23 bead cutter with a #12 straight cutter.   Set the fence so the 1/4" groove was a 1/4" from the bottom edge of the boards.   Set up a stop on the far end, and drove a screw to hold the near end...board was set so I had room over the side to clear the fence, if needed

Had to move the stop to do the two side pieces...

Depth stop was set for about 3/8" deep cut.  Had to back the cutter off a bit...cutter was a tad longer than the bead cutter was, and was cutting way too deep...and rough.   Backed it off to the thinnest cut I could do...worked much better. 

I rough cut a plywood panel to size....test fitted the parts together for a test fit in the case...

Plywood will need trimmed a bit..about an 1/8' too wide.  Got set up to do the back of the drawer.....and couldn't find a board to use
Confused
Upset
Uhoh
Decided I had enough "fun" for the day.   Had to go to the local Blue Borg, and buy a 1 x 6 x 4' board....I think I was paying extra..for the pound of staples in it
Upset $5.34?
No  Well...maybe today, and a bit of shop time, I can finish making a drawer?   Getting slow in my old age
Rolleyes

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Plywood trimmed for a better fit.   New board for the back is in the shop, cut to length and width..

dados laid out for the back to sit into the sides.  Mitre saw reset the cut 3/8" deep dados.....removed the waste..

Drill some countersunk pilot holes to attch the back to the sides..

Why change bits, when I can just change drill and all....
Winkgrin
Spread some glue, apply a forest of clamps, and some screws...

Diagonal clamp to pull things square...

bench is full of drawer and clamps..looks like I get the rest of the day off?
Winkgrin

Will let the glue cure overnight....and clean things up after that...need a couple screw to attach the plywood bottom to the back.   and a pair of knobs...Should be a "fun" day?   Stay tuned...
I hope you can convince her NOT to paint the drawer front.  It looks to nice to do that.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Removed the clamps late last night....test fitted into the case....a bit snug, will fix that when I clean the drawer up.   Need to install the knobs, makes it easier to slide the drawer.
Winkgrin    Being that this is a Monday, may not get much done today.
No  

MRI this afternoon on my head....maybe they will find that Single Brain Cell Sketch Up in there?
Laugh

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin