Bought some "lumber" today..
Have to wait until 29 Mar 18 , as that is when i go over there..Picture of the sliding dovetail joint?
Confused 

Beads are done on the four pieces of the face frame..
Cool 

Dig a few holes..
Rolleyes  

So these will fit..
Cool 

Like this..
Winkgrin 

Bookcase's face frame is in the clamps.....

Top was cut to width earlier today.    Need to attach it and the back panel...maybe tomorrow?

Stay tuned
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
A plywood back was cut to fit, used it to square the case, and installed the back.    Top was radius cut on the front corners 

And a cove detail added to the underside.
Cool

Counter-bores and pilot holes drilled, screws to attach the top to the case.  Plugs made, and installed 

Will wait until morning to trim these flush.  Set the bookcase unit onto the base unit for the night
Winkgrin 

Install the face frame in the morning?   Maybe start on a door?  
Confused

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Looking good and nice coverage! 

However, don't make this a going business. You started the cookup/project one month ago, February 18. Today is the 18th, also.
Imagine getting paid by the hour.....
Winkgrin

Face frame and top are installed
Cool 

Plugs are all cleaned off...

Got a start on the door that goes in the opening..
Winkgrin   

Got to about here.
Uhoh  

Even set up the plough plane
Uhoh 

And started to check a few boards to make sure I could do a panel glue up, to make a raised panel for the door....

About three pieces are too short.....need to got to the Green BORG and buy ONE MORE BOARD
Upset

Back was getting stiff, almost 4 hours IN the shop, today.   I think that will do, for one day.

Need to plough a few grooves to house the panel..tomorrow.  Stay tuned....

(ps:  there are some people out there, that take a  YEAR to build a workbench....
Rolleyes
Confused )
I like the idea of the dovetail in there.  It will never pull out from the sides anyway.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
A trip to the Blue BORG today....needed a 1 x8 x 4'......didn't find any,  there was 6-footers....found some good 1 x 4 x 4' boards...two of those were just a dollar more than the single 1 x 8 x 6', and the two were wider than the one....then a nap while the Boss shopped at Wall E World...
Winkgrin

Mondays, shop is usually closed...too many "bad" things happen in the shop on Mondays
Uhoh
No

Should be able to get a glue up done in the morning,  and get some grooves done.  By Friday, I hope to be adding the finish..I hope
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned, almost done with this project
Winkgrin
ok....Mondays...gotta love them...the 1 x 4 x 4' boards?   Turned out to be 1 x 6 x 4' boards...need to wear my glasses, I guess.

Ripped the fancy boards to width....wasn't a good cut..too much wave going on.
Upset  

Used the Disston to crosscut the "new" boards for length..

Jointed the new boards' edge with a #7c    the other two?   First a jack plane to wipe out the high spots, then this

#8 to joint the edges.   Got all 8 edges done ( whew
Uhoh )  to where there was no gaps.   Spread a bead of glue, moosh a board back and forth, until it sticks.....repeat for the other two...then add a few clamps...
Rolleyes 

Added a couple cauls on the ends to align the ends straight 

By this time the back was acting up, 
No all I have to do now, is wait on the glue to cure...then make this into the raised panel for the door...

Maybe by the weekend, I can try to get a finish on this?
Confused   Stay tuned..
Cool
Panel has been "raised", frame fitted..
Cool 

The only difference between the way Paul Sellers and I do a raised panel..I lay the panel flat on the bench..Same planes, though
Uhoh 

At least for the end grain bevels  Long grain was done with a jack plane.  Ran a Wards 78 around on the back of the panel...same as the front, I do the end grain first, then the edge grain....tends to erase any blowouts.   Door is now sitting in the clamps, waiting on the glue to cure
Cool  

Added a caul on each end, to keep things flat..
Winkgrin 

Maybe tomorrow, I can install the door ( I hate hinges) and a small drawer that sits between the two units.  Then see about a finish?
Confused

Figure IF I can get it looking too good to paint....
Rolleyes
Just a teaser...
Cool  

Test fitted  to find which end was "up"
Winkgrin 

Added a couple hinges, making sure to "clock" the screws
Rolleyes 

Added a wooden knob, and a brass Hook & Eye latch...

Need to build a skinny drawer to fill the "gap" between the two cases.  Add the cleats to attach the top to the base....and start the finishing..

Might just do.....stay tuned
 Skinny drawer is built, cleats installed, first coat of Golden Oak stain applied...PIP, anyone?
Winkgrin 

Skinny drawer, dovetailed to match this larger drawer..
Winkgrin  

Skinny drawer goes under the Bookcase..

Bookcase is designed to be removable, and uses a pair of cleats to install..
Cool 

They also act as drawer guides for the skinny drawer...so..over all picture?
Confused   

Took just over 1/2 a pint of stain....hands still smell like it
Sad

Waiting on the stain to stop smelling the place up, might be dry enough to add the Amber Shellac top coats...?
Two bottom shelves get folding baskets in them...2 per shelf.  Just about done with this project...stay tuned...may even post the finished cabinet when done and dry..