Bought some "lumber" today..
Pine boards....mainly 1 x6s  and a 1 x8.   Good thing I will be cutting the 8' lengths down a bunch.....I can cut out the worst of the knots, that way.   Daughter wants a paint-grade version of the stepback cupboard.    I also picked through a boatload of 1 x2s....to find 6 worth the trouble to haul home....webframes, and a faceframe.   

No pictures yet.   Letting the boards sit for a few days in the house....

One of the 1x6s I picked has a birdseye  figure to it.....the 1 x 8 x 8 I picked was roughsawn on one face...no biggie, I think I can plane that smooth.   New to do a bit of cutting, and make a few glued up panels.   Working to build the base cabinet first.   Once that is done, I can buy the lumber for the Bookcase part.  

Stay tuned....this may proved to be....interesting
Uhoh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Cool, another bandit-build ! !
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I love birdseye pine!   Be sure and don't let that one get painted-over!

Enjoy
Chris
Photos of the lumber supply?
Confused 

Plywood..rather a mixed batch..
Rolleyes  

There are two pieces sitting there, one is 1/2" wider...
Confused  

The 1 x 8 x 8' and a herd of 1x2s.....
Raised  

And the "Birdseye Pine".....
Cool

Cleared the top of the bench off, to get ready for the build..
Cool  

More on that later today, if anyone wants....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Ok..hauling 8' long planks to the shop...takes a bit of effort, even one at a time...
Uhoh 

Because..THIS is how you get TO the Dungeon Shop.. that header down there comes down to about my shoulder....there IS a reason it is called a "Header"
Rolleyes .   Anyway, one plank at a time, I can mark out for a pair of 40" long 1 x 6s from each 8' plank...only need a few tools
Rolleyes for the crosscuts

Set a couple benchdogs, to keep the plank from moving around too much..
Winkgrin

One for the D-112 to push against, while I saw...another to keep the board from rotating around.   Finally got two out of three planks cut

Then hauled the third plank down.   Once it was cut... and the bad part was set aside..I had six parts, 1 x 6 x 40" long.   Stacked them all up on the bench, and clamped them down flat.    I'll leave them sit a while....maybe they wiil stay flat..
Rolleyes 

I found these to items hiding in the tool well, among quite a few other tools, and about 3 gallons of shavings/ saw dust...
Cool

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Ok, part of the bench clean up...was to clean the tool well out....20 screwdrivers....3 pushdrills, wrenches, pliers, drill bits, a few planes, lots of squares.....all had to be put away.   Chisels were sorted, non-users went into a drawer, users went back into a til..
Winkgrin

Squares?
Confused  

I think I have that covered
Winkgrin
Ok, a couple of the boards had "issues"   that I couldn't just chop out...
Upset

The 40" mark landed right in the middle of that knot...I can mark this board as the center of the three boards for the side panel glue up..then, when I cut out to profile the "feet" of the case...I will just cut that knot out, as well
Cool   Another issue?

Well, I do need a rebate along the back edge of the case, to house the plywood back.....rebate would just happen to run right through there...

Letting things sit overnight.  Maybe tomorrow, I can get out a jointer plane, and get three boards ready for a glue up?    Later, I'll need a larger square, to square the ends of the panels with..

I think this will do the trick?  Stay tuned....we just getting started...
Winkgrin
Ok...got just enough done today, to get the place dirty...
Winkgrin 

Got the stack torn down, sorted out a bit.   Got first blank ready to joint..
Cool 

40" long..means I can use that Crochet to hold one end in place.    Ran a plane along the edge..

What size did I use?
Confused  

A Stanley No. 8.....might be a type 7...
Finally got three boards to stack up.
Winkgrin 

Have since spread a bit of glue around, added some cauls and clamps....

Because of the Monsoons  this week, I'll leave the panel sitting at the bench.   too good a chance that a creek will go across the shop's floor.   I'll keep the panel up, high & dry. 
Stay tuned
While doing the glue up, I had to stack things up, before the clamps could go on...

Just sitting there, glue was spread, then the board was mooshed back and forth a bit, until it "stuck", then the clamps...

And a caul on each end 

Sorted through the next three boards....this one will go into the center of the panel..

So that once the feet profiles are cut out, this nasty spot can also leave
Cool
Hung up the apron....done for the day....
Winkgrin  

Of course, I could sneak back to the shop this evening.....
Rolleyes
Laugh
Winkgrin  Stay tuned
(02-21-2018, 03:50 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Because of the Monsoons  this week, I'll leave the panel sitting at the bench.   too good a chance that a creek will go across the shop's floor.   I'll keep the panel up, high & dry. 
Stay tuned

Figure appears more like "bear claw" than birdseye, where the failed buds are seen in the center of the eye.

https://www.electricherald.com/wp-conten...Spruce.jpg

Lovely, though.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Will use a section for the drawer fronts...save the rest, and find a couple more such boards when I go back...have a raised panel door in the upper cabinet to do..

Today, despite two power outages around here ( HIGH winds...)I got panel #1 out of the clamps.   set it aside, out of my way.
Next three needed a bit of work with this..

Stanley No. 8, have a couple edges needed jointed.    Got to the point, I could spread a bead of glue along an edge, moosh the next board until it stuck, and repeat for the third board....knotty  board to the center...
This time around, I used a couple pipe clamps to help out..

Doubled up the cauls...

I clamped the center of the plank first, this time around...then worked towards the ends.   As for panel #1?

Sitting way back there, out of the way....

Waiting on Panel #2 to cure....then clean both up.
Stay tuned
Winkgrin