Bought some "lumber" today..
Awaiting results to come back from the scan....
Confused

Cleaned up the dovetails...marked a centerline on the drawer bottom for some screws..
Cool

As I don't trust nails for this sort of thing....Had that huge knot to hide in the drawer front..
Rolleyes  

Drilled hole for a bolt ( transferred the location to the other end of the front..) a big spot  of glue..
Rolleyes 

Hmmm...what knot?
Winkgrin
Installed the other knob, and put the drawer in the case..

Time for a PIP?..
Confused  

Will see about the plug cutter tomorrow, and make a bunch of Pine plugs.   Will try to install them and get  them trimmed flush...IF I feel up to it...
Rolleyes

Stay tuned
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Plugs were cut..
Cool 

Got out the tools to install and trim them...

Once the block plane was finished..the case was set aside

"What plugs.."
Winkgrin  

Well, I think I made just enough of the plugs..
Rolleyes  

Maybe.  Drawer was sliding into the case a bit too far.  
Uhoh So, I added a screw to the back end of the drawer's sides, and set them to control how far in the drawer goes.   Seems to work well enough..
Winkgrin

Next up?   Well, while I was waiting on the glue to set up on those plugs....I hauled a couple 1 x 10s to the shop...that's next time, stay tuned..
while waiting on the  glue to set on those plugs..cleaned the bench off
Rolleyes  

And hauled two 1 x 10 x 6' planks to the shop
Rolleyes 
    Of the two, top one was the "best"...marked it for two pieces @ 36" long...will become the sides for the bookcase upper unit..
The other board like thing, was cut into three 23" long Shelf blanks....Then ganged up...needed to joint the edges 

Even though all three came from the same board...not a one match the other two..Then left it in the clamps, and squared the ends..

Then just left it there..
Rolleyes ..maybe tomorrow, I cut cut some sliding dovetail joints?   Still need to bring the third 1 x 10 to the shop...can make the case's top and a few other parts from it. 
Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Sliding dovetails were made..
Winkgrin

Milled the two side panels...Something like this...

Rebates were done with the Wards 78...
Cool 

That shaving is 3' long
Cool    Pins were milled on the ends of the shelf blanks..

Yep, that is a router sitting back there
Rolleyes ...flip this mess over, and do the other ends.  
Then the "fun"
Uhoh  can happen....sliding three shelves into two sides....Hammer & Block of Maple were involved
Rolleyes
Set the assembly up onto the case...

Yep, going to be a tall one.    Have a few boards to cut today....need a face frame, a top for the case, and start on the raised panel door...

Stay tuned....have until the 29th to get this done..then see what the Brain Doctor has to say...
Uhoh
(03-15-2018, 11:47 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Sliding dovetails were made..
Winkgrin

Milled the two side panels...Something like this...

Rebates were done with the Wards 78...
Cool 

That shaving is 3' long
Cool    Pins were milled on the ends of the shelf blanks..

Yep, that is a router sitting back there
Rolleyes ...flip this mess over, and do the other ends.  
Then the "fun"
Uhoh  can happen....sliding three shelves into two sides....Hammer & Block of Maple were involved
Rolleyes
Set the assembly up onto the case...

Yep, going to be a tall one.    Have a few boards to cut today....need a face frame, a top for the case, and start on the raised panel door...

Stay tuned....have until the 29th to get this done..then see what the Brain Doctor has to say...
Uhoh

I am looking forward so seeing how the dovetails look in the panel
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Won't be able to see them...face frame covers the front view, plywood back covers the other view...
Crosscuts were done..

To make the top of the Bookcase.   needed a  add-on strip to get things wide enough...ganged the two pieces up..

To joint the edges to match each other....a bead of glue, and some clamps..
Winkgrin 

Was going to use the bandsaw to rip a couple 3/4" x  1-5/8" x 36"  strips, to make the stiles for the face frame...one was done...second one had "issues" with the blade...knocked the blade off the wheels..
Upset ..thinking I had snapped the blade, went old school..
Uhoh 

Craftsman special edition saw..
Cool ...took a while, got my Cardio for the day....clamped the two stiles together.   Jointer planes to make them match each other...and a square edge..
Rolleyes  

Was getting a bit tired...decided that was enough for today....
Winkgrin
Maybe tomorrow, I can work on the face frame a bit?
Confused
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
OK,  Friday was a "Meet & Greet"  Day in the shop.
Cool   Had a visitor, and he wanted to learn about planes and chisels....we also took the panel out of the clamps, and used that to show how planes can flatten a panel
Winkgrin .   Then an afternoon of "shopping"   I bought a few things, then the Boss spent some time in Wall E World..I got to take an hour long nap in the van.....Mopar makes some very comfy seats
Winkgrin

Got home and put all the toys away in the shop.  Have a brand new bandsaw blade, a brand new beltsander, another can of stain ( in case the first runs out
Rolleyes ) couple of almost clear 1 x 4 x 4' for frames, and the plywood panel for the back of the Bookcase.  

In other words.....not a bloody thing got done on this project
No other than the top
Winkgrin  so i just call this a day off. 

Maybe later today,  I can get a wee bit of work done, wearing me Green shirt? 
Stay tuned...
Friday sounds like 'leave without pay'. Did you put in a leave slip? .....

This project is looking good. Thanks for sharing. 

Oh. You're FIRED!

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Making up for it today....going to be a LONG day in the shop....stay tuned...

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
How did the Dr. appointment go?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.