Bought some "lumber" today..
That looks nice Bandit! A couple things....

Wasn't your daughter going to paint it? So, why stain and shellac?  Second, isn't that skinny drawer going to rub and wear the lower cabinet counter?

Oh, yah! I never think about it until we get slammed by an earthquake. You need some tie-backs for the book case. Those cleats will only snug it in place. Just about any rocker will fling it across the floor. I know.
She likes things dark coloured..so MAYBE if I stain and finish it...she won't want to paint it..I hope.  Ohio doesn't get much in the way of Earthquakes..., besides, where this will be going, the bookcase can't move very far...about like that one I made out of Ash a little while back.   Tucked into a corner.

I usually add a bit of tape under the drawer, so the drawer comes out just a hair off the surface....sometimes, just a few "thumbtacks" will do the job..
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(03-23-2018, 07:32 PM)bandit571 Wrote: She likes things dark coloured..so MAYBE if I stain and finish it...she won't want to paint it..I hope.  Ohio doesn't get much in the way of Earthquakes..., besides, where this will be going, the bookcase can't move very far...about like that one I made out of Ash a little while back.   Tucked into a corner.

I usually add a bit of tape under the drawer, so the drawer comes out just a hair off the surface....sometimes, just a few "thumbtacks" will do the job..
Cool

I love the door and drawer.  Good job
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Build part is completed.   Just needs a top coat or two, and delivered.  

Health issues over the weekend.....resting up until they get things fixed.   Will have to wait a while on getting it finished up.  

Thanks for following along...hope it was interesting.
Kudos!!! Good show! Hip-hooray! and as the links go, clap-clap-clap.
Smirk
Smile
Posting as "Project"  unless the Daughter wants it shiney...
Rolleyes
Winkgrin  

Open the door to the Bookcase...
Cool 

Close up of the front...
Winkgrin 

Need to buy two more baskets....also, the main drawer gets a pair of baskets..
Cool  

Completed cupboard stands 77-1/4" tall....Might be a bit hard to keep that top clean
Rolleyes  

Coat of Golden Oak stain, then about three coats of Amber Shellac.   Might just do...
Confused
Any place on the upper drawer to install rollers or wheels?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

None.  Not really needed, as the drawer is very light, won't be much weight going into ( bills, maybe) and I will just rub the bottom of the drawer sides with wax...
Cool
Daughter stopped by today
Uhoh .....and LOVED the new cupboard!
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

We had also added a pair of light gray baskets to go with the other two.   Daughter says the finish on the cupboard matches what is in the room, no need for any paint
Cool  Still have to haul it to her place, and install it, no biggie....Get an Easter meal in the deal.
Winkgrin

Seems this little project is a "hit"
Cool
That's great to hear, after all the work, for a project to be successful! Happy Easter.
Yes