vac scraper attachment review?
anyone have one?  comments?
A what?
(02-21-2018, 10:15 AM)TRobert Adams Wrote: A what?

[Image: Viper-Scraper-Vacuum-Paint-Scraping-Hand...5298.l.jpg]
There are some Amazon.com reviews:  https://www.amazon.com/Oneida-Air-System...B011IYE8EK
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I just ordered one from Amazon.com.  I'll let you know.  It got good online reviews.

The ceiling in my bedroom has been peeling paint since I moved in.  I am reluctant to paint over it until all the old paint has flaked off.  I will use primer and then paint.

Scraping has been a messy operation.  I am hopeful that this will keep things much tidier.  I have 2" hose so I will have to get an adapter over at Home Depot when it arrives.  Or use my small vac--I forgot about that one--I rarely use it.
(02-21-2018, 11:12 AM)Cooler Wrote: [Image: Viper-Scraper-Vacuum-Paint-Scraping-Hand...5298.l.jpg]
There are some Amazon.com reviews:  https://www.amazon.com/Oneida-Air-System...B011IYE8EK

If it scrapes half as well as that picture shows, I'd buy it for the scraper regardless of how well it cleans up the mess!
Laugh

Regarding scraping a ceiling...peeling paint is a different story (hopefully not as messy), but I've been working through the house removing popcorn from the ceilings room by room for a couple of years.  I have been happiest when I just spend $10 for plastic to line the floor, get the furniture out, tape the plastic to the bottoms of the walls and scrape away letting the mess fall where it may.  Then I roll it all up and put it in the trash (having taken my shoes off on the tarp before leaving the room!).
(02-21-2018, 11:12 AM)Cooler Wrote: [Image: Viper-Scraper-Vacuum-Paint-Scraping-Hand...5298.l.jpg]

Might work well but won't work like the picture...  It's an interesting idea but I don't see much use for it myself. Houses are all brick here so no weed siding and for smaller stuff I'd just rather clean up afterwards instead of using more energy to fight with a hose. But if I used one I might think different.
        I like the Richard brand scrapers made in Canada. Hard to find here in the US but I like them.
(02-21-2018, 11:44 AM)Cooler Wrote: I just ordered one from Amazon.com.  I'll let you know.  It got good online reviews.

The ceiling in my bedroom has been peeling paint since I moved in.  I am reluctant to paint over it until all the old paint has flaked off.  I will use primer and then paint.

Scraping has been a messy operation.  I am hopeful that this will keep things much tidier.  I have 2" hose so I will have to get an adapter over at Home Depot when it arrives.  Or use my small vac--I forgot about that one--I rarely use it.

I've scraped several ceilings.  I use a 6 or 8" drywall knife.   That thing is very small to scrape a ceiling with.  I just put down plastic or paper, let the scrapings fall on the floor then roll up the paper.
(02-21-2018, 01:28 PM)JosephP Wrote: If it scrapes half as well as that picture shows, I'd buy it for the scraper regardless of how well it cleans up the mess!
Laugh

Regarding scraping a ceiling...peeling paint is a different story (hopefully not as messy), but I've been working through the house removing popcorn from the ceilings room by room for a couple of years.  I have been happiest when I just spend $10 for plastic to line the floor, get the furniture out, tape the plastic to the bottoms of the walls and scrape away letting the mess fall where it may.  Then I roll it all up and put it in the trash (having taken my shoes off on the tarp before leaving the room!).
I've heard that spraying water on the popcorn makes it easier to remove.  I guess you have to let the water soak in.  You can't use very much or you will have puddles on the floor.  Thankfully my house does not have popcorn.

When I was a kid we had "sanded" texture on the ceiling.  My brother and I used to spend hours tossing our socks against the ceiling.  When we were lucky they'd stick to the ceiling like velcro.  Mom would find a dozen socks hanging from the ceiling.   We'd pretend we didn't know how it happened.  It didn't look very good, but at least it was entertaining.
Big Grin
Yes...water helps tremendously! Not worried about water on my plastic...but too much water damages the drywall under. 1 bathroom was painted. I was not happy about that...but it was a small space so not miserable.
Velcro ceilings sound fun. Might have kept us from playing with the ceiling fans!