Dust Deputy with LV hose?
Does anyone know whether this hose from Lee Valley fits the inlet port on the standard Dusty Deputy? The DD specs have the port at 2" min, tapered, so larger hoses can fit -- up to a point.

LV doesn't specify the ID of either end of the hose, but one end has 2.25" OD cuff, so I thought if it were 2.125" ID, it might work with the tapered DD port.

Thanks!
"Yes it works in practice, but will it work in theory?" (Roy Underhill)
No, it will not fit.

A simple fix is a wooden adapter which works for mating different size hose / ports.
I had this idea published in Wood Magazine in their shop tips section.

Here is a short write up how to make one and a photo of it on my dust deputy. It is used with a Mr. Nozzle hose (the one sold by Lee Valley)

The adapter is made to fit two connectors of differing diameters together.

The adapter is two pieces of 3/4" plywood sandwiched together. The pieces start off square approximately 1/2" larger than the largest diameter hose or connector. One piece has a hole cut to accept one of the connectors with a snug fit. The second piece has a hole cut to accept the other connector with a snug fit. Then the two pieces are glued together (screws optional). I rounded the corners and edges off just to make it easier to handle.

Simple, quick and it works.

Update: When making a second one to connect the Mr. Nozzle hose and the Fein Turbo I hose (1 3/4" O.D. to 2 1/4" O.D.) I couldn't find a scrap piece of 3/4" plywood for the second half. Looking around I grabbed a piece of 3/4" pine. This wood actually works better since it is a softwood and "flexes" just a little bit when inserting the hoses.

Attached Files Image(s)