Good Table Saw Blade
(07-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: You are a professional woodworker and you had to discover Freud blades on a fake review site designed to generate revenue from Amazon sales?  
Rolleyes

Yeah, about that...
Big Grin
I just use a good combination blade 90% of the time . I might switch to a rip , but not much . Hardly ever more tooth . Might just be the type of work I do . Irwin Marples right now .
I get a glue line easy enough .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(07-03-2018, 05:20 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: Would you prefer my sarcasm or a spammer?  Member less than a week, made 4 posts and in 2 of them had links to one of the BS "review" sites that drive traffic for associate sales on Amazon.

you quoted him, so his link is still here. Otherwise, the mods deleted his post
Looks like a very nice saw.

I've been using a Forrest WWII 30-tooth thin-kerf blade with my jet proshop.
I felt this blade was particularly well matched for the 1-3/4hp motor in my saw.
I've been very happy with this blade, and I was getting cleaner cuts than I had with the Freud blades that I'd tried earlier.

HOWEVER, it did eventually get dull and I tried a Freud fusion.
This is a very good blade, as well.

So now I'd recommend either one.
And sharp is better than dull.

Let us know what you get and how it cuts!

Matt
(07-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: You are a professional woodworker and you had to discover Freud blades on a fake review site designed to generate revenue from Amazon sales?  
Rolleyes

That guy sounded more like a fake woodworker than a professional woodworker. Good job on uncovering him.

Simon
(02-23-2018, 08:15 PM)SCK Wrote: Hi

I am in the process of assembling a new Powermatic P1000 and just found out that it does not ship with a blade. I did a forum search for table saw and found a good discussion on blades for plywood. In the past (40 years ago) I had a craftsman 10" table saw that I just used with the one that it came with and the Powermatic replaced a Dewalt contractor saw that was used with the blade it came with. I got some good ideas for plywood blades but what would be a good general blade and what are some good brand choices. Thanks.

Steve

I bought 2 Freud F40s on sale, predecessor to the current P410 I think. These don't have the special side grind AFAIK so are easier to find a sharpener. One of those is on my G1023 90% of the time. I have a Freud triple chip grind that is recommended for plywood and laminate. I also have a flat tooth ground Freud rip blade if I want a flat bottom kerf. I've used better quality 7 1/4" 40-60 tooth blades for cutting small molding and such. I find them to be smooth and not 'grabby' like 40 tooth 10" blades can be. They'd suck for ripping 6/4 hardwood all day but they work very well for small or fine work.
Combo blades these days are pretty good. Freud and Irwin both make good blades at good pricing, $70.00 or so.

But for me, I vastly prefer having rip blades and Crosscut blades. Combo blades work well for both, but cannot do either as well as dedicated blades. 

And for plywood blades, Freud’s Ultimate Plywood and Melamine blade is outstanding.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(07-08-2018, 09:24 PM)handi Wrote: Combo blades these days are pretty good. Freud and Irwin both make good blades at good pricing, $70.00 or so.

But for me, I vastly prefer having rip blades and Crosscut blades. Combo blades work well for both, but cannot do either as well as dedicated blades. 

And for plywood blades, Freud’s Ultimate Plywood and Melamine blade is outstanding.

What he said. Although for plywood I just use my combo blade, because if you think about it, plywood is essentially both rip and crosscut at the same time.
I find it strange to call a blade used to cut; "Fusion".  
Wink

Can't brag about any of my blades- The less expensive Freud's (3) and one Delta.  I've been happy with them all. I guess I'm not up with the science behind blade nomenclature-   I just cut wood.
I just ripped some plastic exterior trim with the Fusion blade.  A beautiful cut.  But the edges of the board all look pink as the red coating rubbed off on the board.  Luckily the edges are hidden.  But it is something to consider if it is not.  I guess I could go at it with a palm sander to get rid of the pink.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.