HVAC parts
(02-24-2018, 08:59 PM)daddo Wrote: Anytime someone offers a call for 20, even 49.95- go elsewhere. They MUST find a problem and charge a lot more to make up the loss.
Exactly. That's why I refused the repairs. I need to investigate and test things first.

I don't plan on going with the cheapest capacitor that I can find. I just used my ebay find as an example. I expected to pay around $30 - $50. No Grainger within 1 hour plus drive. There are other options available though.

Thanks again.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
You don't have to spend near that much.  I bought one from the manufacturer for $10.00 including shipping and I see McMaster Carr has them for under $20.00 and most under $10.00 and they ship very fast. Where I live if I order in the morning I will have it by the next day or I can run over there and pick it up but that costs me more as they are about 2 hours away
(02-24-2018, 04:47 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:  Yup or if you are in a decent size city just stop by the supply house. They will sell to anyone. 

Not here they won't.  Several years ago I needed a  blower motor on my heat pump compressor.  I called around.  No one would sell to me without an account, they wouldn't give me an account unless I were licensed.  Whether that's a business decision so they don't have to deal with homeowners or some legal requirement by the HVAC lobby I have no idea.  My brother's ex-FIL is licensed and turned out he had account at one of the places from work he did for my brother.  I had him call in the part and say that I was picking it up.