More life
Wink 
I forgot, another reason I quit posting work is because of the PITA photobucket has turned into. Any way here's on fresh out of the shop. Maple, purpleheart, yellowheart and bocote. About 14" across. Comments and critiques always welcome.
[Image: 196BH_zps4bgcs8er.jpg][/img]
Angus nice looking piece.
I agree with you on posting pics here.
I have been a member here for a few years and have never been able to get a pic loaded on this site.
Belong to a couple other turning sites and don’t have a problem there. I’am not a computer wizard by any means but can post to the others from my iPad.
One reason I don’t participate here often
You can grab the URL from the post you put on another site and embed it in
Code:
[ img ] some FULL path of the URL to your jpg [/ img]
If you leave out the spaces, when you preview the post, you should see the image.
Us too!

Big Grin

Forgot: beautiful work Angus.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Nice looking creation there Angus. Congrats ! Is it strickly artwork? Or is there some functional aspect?

In regards to the picture posting issues, I agree that it's a real tax for most everyone to post pics and is definitely a big reason for reduced participation. It took me a while to learn how to do it also.

I got so fed up with photobucket, I tried another place called imageshack at Here After the initial free period, they want you to pay for the ability to post photos. So, I ignored it for a while and then they offered ½ off for one year. So that was cheap enough to buy it (it was 10 or 20 bucks). Naturally right after that, I got a great deal to join Amazon prime, which allows me to do the same thing.
Smirk

If you post a picture somewhere the steps I use to link to it here is this:
1. get photo posted somewhere
2. select the photo in that "somewhere else" , in other words be sure to be viewing that picture in that other place
3. with the mouse within the boundries of the photo, RIGHT click and choose properties, and then HIGHLIGHT the full address of the photo, then right click on that highlighted address and choose COPY, then click OK in the properties area, or click on CANCEL, to exit the photo properties.
4. Then come back to Woodnet and within a message, you insert it, by choosing the "Insert an Image" feature, which is the "Icon" on the feature bar when writing a message here. The feature bar is the line above the area you are writing a message. It includes font options like bold, italic, underling, etc.
Angus and everyone else

Here is how to post a picture right from your computer.

1. Start the post and look at the bottom of the page which says "Browse" which is just under what says Attachments on the left side.
2.  Select your photo and hit OK or Submit or Open
3. When it is on this site hit the button that says "Add Attachment"
4. You can select several others by going back several times.
5. When you are done making your selection from your computer you will have to go to the right of the page and hit "Insert into Post"   make sure you have the curser where you want the picture to show up and you are done.

Soooo much easier then going to any other site to upload your pic;s and then downloading them here to do it all over again.

6.  If you do not want the picture you selected just hit the "Remove button"

To show my new Granddaughter I did this and made sure the curser was two spaces under this sentence.

[attachment=8571]
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Sorry

I really like this one Angus it has nice colors and arranged nicely.  Is there anyway next time to make a small triangle on the top maple parts that on the ends put the triangle on the bottom right and left to make it look like a birds wings?  It would take part of the dark piece doing it though or gluing the piece in before time.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I love the form! Beautiful piece.
Great looking piece Angus.Glad to see you posting your beautiful pieces again.It is definatly art,cause it won't hold soup.As always,Angus,beautiful work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Very nice, Angus!
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Nice form Angus ; I like the combination of staves and segments.

As far as the pictures go I agree that uploading them to the Woodnet site is the easiest way to go (but only for this site). If you want to upload to multiple websites it makes sense to use an image hosting service and only upload your pictures once.