Contour sanding pads for random oscillating sander
They manufacture thick foam pads with velcro on both sides to allow contour sanding.  They come in various thicknesses and densities.

I looked and found some 3" and 6" diameters, but no 5" that fit my random oscillating sander.

Any suggestions for sources?  Has anyone used these?  Can I use the 3" on my 5" sander?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Will these work for you?

https://thesandingglove.com/Wood-Sanding...e-Pads.asp

Quote:Our premium Velcro® interface pads have genuine Velcro® hook and loop material on the faces. We offer various densities and thicknesses which adds versatility to the line and provide the user with a wide range of possible applications.
Firm and Medium pads can be used for protecting the high cost pads found on pneumatic and electric power sanders.
Soft interface pads are available in 2 thicknesses and have a soft gray foam which lends itself well to interior and exterior contours and provides a softer touch with grits 220 and above. They work well on power tools, random orbit sanders, disc holders, and hand-held holders.
Our 5 inch pads are used to convert your random orbit sander into a contour sander with any grit abrasive.

No affl. etc.
~Dan.
(02-26-2018, 12:45 PM)Dan Moening Wrote: Will these work for you?

https://thesandingglove.com/Wood-Sanding...e-Pads.asp

No affl. etc.
Yes, thanks.  I think so.

The 3" has some appeal too to getting in smaller areas.  What kind of random orbital sander will accept 3" pads?
Quote:What kind of random orbital sander will accept 3" pads?

Non-powered ... the "sanding pad on a stick"
Big Grin
Used by turners to sand the insides of bowls etc as the turning object provides the spinning.

On the same link as above, click on "self powered sanders" in the menu on the left.
~Dan.
I want to be able to remove the bark from a live edge slab without removing all the natural character of the slab.  I don't like the look that working the edge with a spoke shave achieves.  It looks "worked" to me.  

For some of the smaller nooks and crannies I think a 3" disk on a drill may make sense.  I would have to finish up with hand sanding as the rotary motion will leave circular swirls.  

Am I overlooking something?