This Old House intern Austin Wilson
We just watched the season wrap and they gave a memorial for one of their (young) interns, Austin Wilson.

Why this is notable is the photo they used for his passing had him standing in front of a rack of lathe chisels
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
I never heard of him.  The way you speak of him, he much have been a young guy.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wow, that's awful news. The intern crew they had was fun to watch and they seemed genuinely interested and eager to begin their careers. It must be heartbreaking for the rest of the crew. They all traveled down to Orlando for a convention and he passed away in his sleep the night or morning before the event where they would be opening the show.
Sad news indeed.  He died in Orlando, Florida, my new home town, from an existing medical condition.  The show had flown all three apprentices to Orlando to attend the International Builders Show.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I don't watch the show much any more, but that is sad.
I've watched TOH from day one, I find something to enjoy in nearly every season.

The loss of someone that may have become a role model for young black men is especially poignant.
We watch TOH when possible; watching Austin during the season was enjoyable.
Hearing of his death was quite sad.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.