Can ceramic tile be applied to wood paneling?
(03-05-2018, 09:51 AM)JSpill Wrote: Thank you for all the information. We have decided to scrap the idea. There is too much work and expense involved for a kitchen we use only one month of the year. I think we will have a new countertop installed and just paint the paneled wall behind it.

They make some plastic tile that looks somewhat like the real ceramic tile sheets that probably look ok and would work over the paneling.  I know Menards has them.   Roly
To do tile right you need a cement backer board, I would not apply it to anything else.  I have watched enough youtube videos of even with the cement backer board, tile failing and watching pros remove the tile, showing why it failed before installing new tile.  You might be able to install backer board over what you have there now if you can get a secure connection with the studs behind.  Then install tile on top of that.
A carpenter's house is never done.