air line from basement to garage
I know this wasn't my post but thanks for all the good info.  I want to stick my compressor outside of the shop under an exterior staircase and pull lines into the shop, driveway and front of the house.  I was thinking black pipe and a lot of threading or paying for copper.  Mostly less work and expense going with most of what has been suggested here
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

+1 on Rapidair.

I would use 1/2" iron pipe but there's the whole threading issue guess you could rent a threader.
(03-10-2018, 10:46 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: +1 on Rapidair.

I would use 1/2" iron pipe but there's the whole threading issue guess you could rent a threader.

Home Depot used to thread pipe for you.  Do they still do that?  Local store closed years ago, so I haven't kept up.

Also, for just going from the basement to the garage, a few inches one way or the other probably isn't a big deal, so he could just deal with the pre-cut lengths and maybe be 22" high instead of 18", for example.
(03-06-2018, 11:43 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: I read the thread title and thought -

Why not just take the train?

Big Grin

I laugh at this every time I see the title of this thread bumped back up. 
Laugh
I don't fly unless I have to, so airlines are right out.  

The advantage of a flexible line is really hard to ignore.  We had a disaster in our lab at work that ended up with me removing 100' of black iron pipe because it was full of salt.  And it wasn't much fun.  I would need at least one short s bend, so I would need to find someone to thread a short piece of pipe.  Think I'd rather solder copper, or more likely now, just bend some nylon tubing.
(03-10-2018, 10:46 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I would use 1/2" iron pipe but there's the whole threading issue guess you could rent a threader.

+1 on 1/2" iron pipe. Manually threading iron pipe is easy and kind of fun. Dad and I threaded all of the gas pipe for my house and garage (laundry room) using an old pipe vise and one of these threaders.

https://goo.gl/images/HLswRi
I was a bit more motivated this afternoon to get a better solution to for air distribution so I came across info saying black pipe is great but the rust might eventually become a problem.  So copper got the high marks, and I had originally thought 3/4" because I like to go bigger so one and done then I came across this 

http://forums.finehomebuilding.com/break...r-12-or-34  

and 1/2" seems to be good enough.  That and 1/2" isn't too crazy in price.  The plan is phases but then again I might just take a part of a day and do it all.  I am not sure this is the case for many but for me I want to keep it off the walls for the most part so I am bringing it down the center of the ceiling and pulling off that to drops.  I think if I attached to walls it would get stuff pushed up against it possibly damaged
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.