DW 735 Dust Collection
I moved from a basement shop in Ohio to a garage shop in Florida - left behind a 2 1/2 HP Oneida Cyclone.

I planed some short pieces of Cherry in my DW 735 with Byrd head and exhausted the planer into a large trash can via a 4" duct., and wow, did I ever create a lot of dust. I must make some change for dust collection.

I'll only be planing small amounts of hardwood in the future.

I have a Festool CT 26 with an Oneida cyclone fitted on top. The capacity of the cyclone reservoir is adequate for the amount of dust that I'll be planing in the future. 

Does anyone have any experience with this arrangement using a 2 1/2 duct connected to the Oneida atop a Festool CT 26? If so, what has been your experience?

r2
(03-06-2018, 03:25 PM)lilrichard2 Wrote: I moved from a basement shop in Ohio to a garage shop in Florida - left behind a 2 1/2 HP Oneida Cyclone.

I planed some short pieces of Cherry in my DW 735 with Byrd head and exhausted the planer into a large trash can via a 4" duct., and wow, did I ever create a lot of dust. I must make some change for dust collection.

I'll only be planing small amounts of hardwood in the future.

I have a Festool CT 26 with an Oneida cyclone fitted on top. The capacity of the cyclone reservoir is adequate for the amount of dust that I'll be planing in the future. 

Does anyone have any experience with this arrangement using a 2 1/2 duct connected to the Oneida atop a Festool CT 26? If so, what has been your experience?

r2

FTR, I had the chance to try this setup - works fine for planing small amounts of wood, and definitely cleaner that just the hose.

r2